Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bethel95
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I recently bought an unlocked GSM Pre 2. I'm running a Tmobile SIM. WebOS version 2.2.4 currently installed.

The app catalog is working as 2.0.2, however when I try to update to 2.1.1 it downloads fine and fails to install. Tapping the yellow triangle and retrying fails every time. I deleted my email account, no avail. I have tried several times with good service and several times using wifi. No other apps will install either. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by journeym4n; 08/08/2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Ahhh... the Root Certificate expiry. You must have missed the news.

What you need to do is set the date back to July 1st and then go in the App catalog, search for the "App Catalog Update" and install it. Run it, and then just delete the update icon from your launcher, set the date back to current and you're done.

If you ever doctor the phone, remember to do this again, because Doctors were never updated to include new certs.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post

What you need to do is set the date back to July 1st and then go in the App catalog, search for the "App Catalog Update" and install it. Run it, and then just delete the update icon from your launcher, set the date back to current and you're done.

If you ever doctor the phone, remember to do this again, because Doctors were never updated to include new certs.
    Thanks a lot, good info
  4. k w

Excellent!

I was having the same issue as I just switched from a GSM to a CDMA Pre 2.
    Since the available WebOS for Verizon is 2.1.x and I was running WebOS version 2.2.4
    I thought this might be the cause but this resolved it.

Any idea if this would also apply to a Pre 3?

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

How do you set back the date?
    Quote Originally Posted by k w View Post
    Excellent!

I was having the same issue as I just switched from a GSM to a CDMA Pre 2.
    Since the available WebOS for Verizon is 2.1.x and I was running WebOS version 2.2.4
    I thought this might be the cause but this resolved it.

Any idea if this would also apply to a Pre 3?

Thanks again!
    It applies to *all* webOS devices--Prełs are no exception.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Remy X likes this.

Hi, I have the same problem on my Pre2, but i cannot install the "App Catalog Update" even when i've set the date to July 1st...Any idea?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by journeym4n View Post
    Hi, I recently bought an unlocked GSM Pre 2. I'm running a Tmobile SIM. WebOS version 2.2.4 currently installed.

The app catalog is working as 2.0.2, however when I try to update to 2.1.1 it downloads fine and fails to install. Tapping the yellow triangle and retrying fails every time. I deleted my email account, no avail. I have tried several times with good service and several times using wifi. No other apps will install either. Any suggestions?
    have same trouble
    How do I set the date back to July 1st?
    In the date & time settings on the System launcher page, you can disable network time, then set the date manually. Here is a link to a post with the official instructions from HP: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3397558
    Hello. new to this site, but was glad to find it exists.
    I have left US Cellular and am beginning a GoPhone vs. Straightalk comparison. I activated my old Palm Pre+ on ST and a Pre2 on GoPhone.
    I have back-dated both devices to July 1, 2013 and tried to download the application update and neither was able to download.
    Help?
    Many Thanks!!
    I tried it with setting back the time but it still will not work. In the store I don't find the update and the normal "update-button" will not work either.

This worked great! Thanks!