Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zubiaur View Post
    Ok, i have some bad news. i doctored my phone, did a full erase first, but the problem persisted. In my case, it was hardaware related. I replaced the ribbon that goes from the motherboard to the modem and that fixed my problem. Perhaps just resseting my current flex cable would have fixed it, but since I had a spare one from my old pre plus, ijust used it and it worked.

So, Ian, if you can still return the phone somehow, do it. There is a high chance that your problem is hardaware related too. If you are stuck with it and dont plan to leave the platform (I eventually will) dont fret. The ribbon replacement procedure is not thaaaat hard, and ribbons can be bought cheap at ebay.

If you decide to go on that road, drop me a PM, or start a new thread and I can make a guide or something.

Good luck!
    Actually, compared to no solution at all, that's good news.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    indeed, im getting the some of the problems my plus was having back in the day, mostly keyboard related. I now know that the culprit is the flex cable. I might end up buying one from ebay.

I just love this phone and dont want to see it die, its not perfect but everithing i need it to do, it does it, extremely well.
    Quote Originally Posted by zubiaur View Post
    indeed, im getting the some of the problems my plus was having back in the day, mostly keyboard related. I now know that the culprit is the flex cable. I might end up buying one from ebay.

I just love this phone and dont want to see it die, its not perfect but everithing i need it to do, it does it, extremely well.
    What kind of keyboard problems? Key repeats or missed keystrokes? Tell me!

I'll be uploading a patch tomorrow for the key repeats, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $missed$ $keys$ $issue$ $is$ $almost$ $not$ $fixable$...
    Key repeats my friend, on the plus I used to have problems with the P and the O, sometimes after hitting any ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof them... you know the drill.

The thing is that after installing the + flex on my pre 2 I found the exact same pppppppproblems.

For me its pretty clear, the key repeats are caused by a faulty flex. (I will be looking forward to your patch while a new flex arrives)

Regarding the missed keys, I suppose that is realted to interrupts or timming events, no idea how to fix those and to be honest, I always thought that it was me not pressing the key hard enough or something like that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12