1.    #1  
    Hi all

After my first Pre 2 died, I bought another (which turned out to be a mis-sold Pre Plus). That's been returned to the shop and they've got me an unlocked pre-owned Pre 2.

I've popped my original Pre 2's sim card from Three but it failed to access via APN to login, so I couldn't go any further. I noted the APN settings were listed as three.co.uk as the APN, user name had hs_null in it, and password was filled with a number of asterisks.

Three customer service tell me it should only have "three.co.uk" in the APN box and user name and password should be left blank. However, this still didn't allow the Pre 2 to access and logon via APN.

As a last resort, I've put in an (expensive rate) O2 sim and all is fine and the phone's up and running. I would really like to use the Three card if possible, as it's dirt cheap on calls etc, but I wonder if anyone may know where I'm going wrong.

I have browsed the forums, and noted that "hs_null" came up in a thread about German Pre's not working with some companies, and I'm suspicious that on the box mine came is an HP barcode sticker with the words:
    HP Palm Pre 2, EU-UMTS unlocked.
    Might this be the reason it won't work on Three?

It's a PG4U running on 2.2.4 if that helps.
    Thanks guys if you can help.
    Not sure on the Pre2/Pre2 EU world...

But is there a chance to bring up your old Pre2-cut/paste APN settings?

Or maybe depending on what failed in your old Pre2 if not the modem comm board. swap that so the new Pre2 will have your old meid and APN settings?

I have been told those are retained on the comm boards nand not on the phone...

But I am on CDMA on Verizon and they are different then UMTS?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion John. Sadly I didn't keep the old Three Pre 2 or its settings before it died. The Pre Plus that I just returned was locked to O2, so it wouldn't have had Three's settings anyway.

My suspicion is that EU (German?) Pre's don't work on some cards, and Three may be one of those an EU Pre won't work with.
    Last edited by NickM99; 07/31/2013 at 01:00 PM.
  4.    #4  
    In any event, I love the Pre 2 so I'm happy with it regardless of which sim it has to use.
    Plenty of unused Pre 2's on ebay shops, so going to invest in a couple of them so I'll always have one.
  5.    #5  
    I did sort it out in the end - you have to insert an O2 sim card in order to get internet access so you can sync with your HP account. The phone then boots up.
    Then insert simcard of choice. Voila!

Another problem has surfaced... I now have a number of Contact entries from O2 that I can't delete -
    O2 Voicemail On
    O2 Voicemail Off
    O2 Top Up

Would anyone know if there's a way to edit the phonebook/Contacts list within websoqi or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM99 View Post
    I did sort it out in the end - you have to insert an O2 sim card in order to get internet access so you can sync with your HP account. The phone then boots up.
    Then insert simcard of choice. Voila!

Another problem has surfaced... I now have a number of Contact entries from O2 that I can't delete -
    O2 Voicemail On
    O2 Voicemail Off
    O2 Top Up

Would anyone know if there's a way to edit the phonebook/Contacts list within websoqi or anything?
    i think you just look in Settings/Accounts and your old sim will be listed, click it and i think theres an option to remove it.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  7.    #7  
    Many thanks Peter, that did the trick!