Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By etphoto
  1.    #1  
    No, not me, but my mom. My 70 yr old mom was a iPhone user and dropped it in the toilet. Not insured and a new one too expensive she needed a new phone. I pulled out my old Pre2, doctored it and activated it on her Verizon account. She is now a new WebOS user.

Gave her a basic gesture lesson and she was out the door. Dam I miss WebOS. HP I hate you.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    HelloNNNewman and tholap like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    No, not me, but my mom. My 70 yr old mom was a iPhone user and dropped it in the toilet. Not insured and a new one too expensive she needed a new phone. I pulled out my old Pre2, doctored it and activated it on her Verizon account. She is now a new WebOS user.

Gave her a basic gesture lesson and she was out the door. Dam I miss WebOS. HP I hate you.

Well, let's hope that she likes the phone and hold onto it for awhile.....I'm sure she will like the Palm Pre2 phone but the tiny, tiny Pre 3.1 'inch screen display will make an quite impact on her(your mom) since the iPhone has an bigger 3.5 display and WebOS lacks a onscreen keyboard(so that will take a learning curve).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Well, let's hope that she likes the phone and hold onto it for awhile.....I'm sure she will like the Palm Pre2 phone but the tiny, tiny Pre 3.1 'inch screen display will make an quite impact on her(your mom) since the iPhone has an bigger 3.5 display and WebOS lacks a onscreen keyboard(so that will take a learning curve).
    The onscreen keyboard patch has been available for some time, so it should be a non-issue really

But then i doubt someone her age surfs the web on a phone. Even my mother, in her mid-50s doesn't, unless she is driving somewhere, or needs to look something up while at the store. Otherwise, the phone (a Pre+) is only for e-mail, phone calls, calculator and todo lists. And then camera/voice recorder or spare alarm clock. She doesn't play games on it, doesn't tweet or use instagram.

Edit: i think i forgot Google Maps, camera flash flashlight and mobile hotspot. I think that's it.

@etphoto,

I hope you've giver her with a Touchstone to go with it... it's nice not having to fumble with a cord, especially when the connector is so tiny...
    Last edited by Remy X; 07/29/2013 at 09:17 PM.
  4.    #4  
    She just called me upset because there is no weight watcher program like she had on the iPhone. <sigh>

She just called me upset because there is no weight watcher program like she had on the iPhone. <sigh>

I think there was one in the old PalmOS store

But then i wonder why there was never enough demand for one on webOS... maybe too many of us smoke, eat whatever we want and drive old cars without stability control or even ABS

Steve McQueen Eating a Doughnut, 1962 ©William Claxton

Sometimes, life is just too short...

no mobil sites that could work?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    no mobil sites that could work?
    she said she tried that but the site doesn't support the browser and I am not there to look at it.