Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    And honestly, IMHO Navit is perfectly satisfactory and free.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    It's good but putting in an address to navigate to can be a pain.

One thing I don't like about Ndrive though is that when you arrive at your destination it doesn't show you the house number you were looking for.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    It has a database of searchable locations built into the offline map data. That (almost) always works for me. It can also search and populate the info online via Google, though to be honest I've never tried using that.

Totally agree on the house number part. But there are so many clever little touches to how well it works while you're driving (good, detailed turn warnings, surprisingly helpful/intuitive highway sign previews, and of course the adorable "you're speeding" marker that comes up ) that the one little detail isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NickM99 View Post
    Thanks guys. I just ruled out Ndrive, as there's that nasty swear word "pay" involved.
    With all due respect to the Navit crew, "You get what you pay for." And certainly the devs on it could use a donation for the effort!

Only a few genuine gripes on the aborted Ndrive beta:
    1) Some minor bugs/quirks never got ironed out.
    2) Some features never got added such as Just Type and contact (address) integration. Maybe it never would have though since it's a PDK app. I dunno.
    3) The last set of maps packaged for it are almost two years old now. It still works great, and I freakin' love having all offline map data, but once in a while it can't find newer places when searching.
    And I would add that since posting this, I've used the search by Google feature in nDrive instead of the built in search a few times. Actualy works a bit better since the Google search is (as always) smart at using less literal search info and still getting a good match. Shows the results in the usual nDrive list and with one tap, you're on your way!
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    2) Some features never got added such as Just Type and contact (address) integration. Maybe it never would have though since it's a PDK app. I dunno.

When within Just Type, select Preferences and add Navit as a search application. You can then enter a location and select Navit to carry out the search.

In Device Info, select Preferences>Default Applications and select Navit for Addresses. Now in Contacts, select a contact's information and tap on the address. It will be located in Navit.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/21/2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Navit's UI is mystifying. Also getting a lot of "Turn right" from the voice, when it actually means "Turn left", lots of "Turn right soon", "Turn left now", "Turn right in 200m", "Turn right now" babble that isn't relevant ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Navit's UI is mystifying. Also getting a lot of "Turn right" from the voice, when it actually means "Turn left", lots of "Turn right soon", "Turn left now", "Turn right in 200m", "Turn right now" babble that isn't relevant ..
    i sometimes get a "turn" left/right when it simply meant bear left/right into a different lane, if you have time to actually check the display you see what it actually means.

rare this happens but im used to it now, cant say ndrive was much different tbh.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Navit's UI is mystifying...
    I agree. I'd love to see a tutorial video, because while I've managed to stumble onto things in the past, every time I open it I can't remember how the UI works.
    geekpeter, when i first turned it on and gave it it's first direction, it clearly showed a map with me turning left, twice, before making a right, and then said "Turn right now". I was like.. dude, wtf?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    o, weird.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I had that happen after the last OS update. I thought it's the update but it turned out I had two different sets of the same map. So it seems between revisions(dates) OSM are off which causes Navit to get schizophrenic on the directions. Make sure you don't have more than 1 bin file with the same area.
    Last edited by 60RH; 07/29/2013 at 11:44 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123