Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jimbode
  • 1 Post By namgod
  1.    #1  
    I just got my Pre 2 about a week ago and its running OS 2.2.4 and I've got it on Net10 GSM unlimited. No matter how hard I try it just WILL NOT sync with Facebook for my contacts. I've not really found an answer to this issue elsewhere on the internet. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough or in the right places. So I've decided to ponder here as to whether anyone else is having this issue and if they were able to fix it and how. Perhaps downgrading would help? I'm really not sure. I remember my Pre+ on Verizon did not have this issue. Also, has anyone ever been able to get the GPS to work on this thing?!

Thanks.
    A lot more info would help. What have you done so far that hasn't worked?

Are you using the old Palm Profile from your Pre+? How long ago?

You're sure everything is okay with your FB security settings? (Does Synergy list the account and successfully log in, just not download anything?)

If you're not too attached to the current set up on it yet, and it's a new device, Doctoring for a fresh start never hurts. Unless it was new in box, then meh.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    There was a post about this the other day. Can't find it now but here's what you have to do:

Log into FB on a computer and click on App Centre on the left. On the left again click on Your Apps. Look down the list for something about Facebook for Palm and delete that but keep the one about Facebook for HP WebOS.

Maybe try deleting both then try connecting again with your Pre 2.

GPS always worked fine on my UK GSM Pre 2, now have a Pre 3 which also works fine.
    Last edited by Jimbode; 07/14/2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Add a bit about GPS
    bethel95 likes this.
    No problems with FB on my 2.2.4 Preł. I suspect that trying Jimbode's suggestion is a good place to start (before trying 2.2.4 or downgrade doctor).

I doubt that a GPS problem is an app issue, but it might help if you told us what are the GPS-enabled apps you've tried.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onry_fng View Post
    I just got my Pre 2 about a week ago and its running OS 2.2.4 and I've got it on Net10 GSM unlimited. No matter how hard I try it just WILL NOT sync with Facebook for my contacts. I've not really found an answer to this issue elsewhere on the internet. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough or in the right places. So I've decided to ponder here as to whether anyone else is having this issue and if they were able to fix it and how. Perhaps downgrading would help? I'm really not sure. I remember my Pre+ on Verizon did not have this issue. Also, has anyone ever been able to get the GPS to work on this thing?!

Thanks.
    You've probably done this but check the "Use Account With" options in the Pre2's account manager. As for the GPS I've never heard of a GSM Pre having problems with GPS. I have the Verizon version in which the GPS is hard to start without the VZ Navigator. Before I purchased VZ Navigator I would use "GPS Trip Panel" to start GPS. (It would only start the GPS after a reboot, you had to be outside, and it seemes that switching from portrait to landscape and back was required. I don't know why, some sort of voodoo stuff.) After confirming that navigation is working turn on Google services and that should ping it enough to keep the GPS alive. Just stay away from bad weather, concrete structures, and tunnels, and everything should be okay.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Jimbode likes this.