Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just changed phones from a Pre Plus to a Pre 2 and am having trouble finding a combination of patches to configure the phone the way I want. I could not find a way to do what I want using Sconix's Advanced System patches, but may be wrong. My desires and what I am currently using are -

1. Show day and month in top bar - Add Date MM DD.
    2. Show remaining battery life as a percentage - Battery percent as icon.
    3. Icon showing when phone ringer is muted - Ringer switch icon.
    4. Mute charging tone - This is my problem, I cannot get Charging Alert Sound Preference to install. The Charging Alert Vibrate patch works. Vibrating is better than the charging chime, but I would prefer to be able to mute the chime.
    5. Power button options - Advanced reset options.

Except for not being able to kill the charging chime, I like the Pre 2 enough to stay with a webos phone a little longer.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I just changed phones from a Pre Plus to a Pre 2 and am having trouble finding a combination of patches to configure the phone the way I want. I could not find a way to do what I want using Sconix's Advanced System patches, but may be wrong. My desires and what I am currently using are -

4. Mute charging tone - This is my problem, I cannot get Charging Alert Sound Preference to install. The Charging Alert Vibrate patch works. Vibrating is better than the charging chime, but I would prefer to be able to mute the chime.

Except for not being able to kill the charging chime, I like the Pre 2 enough to stay with a webos phone a little longer.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
    What webOS version 2.1.0 or 2.2.4?

I use webOS 2.2.4 some patches for webOS 2.2.4 work well on Pre3 but do not work well on Pre2/PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4...

So here is my list for what you want?
    I used Add Date MM DD from webOS 2.1.1-22 (either add webOS 2.1.1 feed in PreWare or go get the IPK and side load with WOSQI)
    I used Battery Percent and Icon from webOS 2.1.2-31 (either add webOS 2.1.2 feed in PreWare or go get the IPK and side load with WOSQI)
    Do not use this function but if there is a patch for webOS 2.1.x I would try it?
    Do not use this function but if there is a patch for webOS 2.1.x I would try it?
    I used Advanced Reset Options V2.2.4-14 and it worked fine.

Let me know if those worked for you?
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    John,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am using 2.1.0 on Verizon. Your suggestions for 1, 2, and 5 definitely work. The charging chime is driving me nuts. I figured out that I can turn off system sounds and the chime goes away, but there are a few apps, camera and calculator, where I like having the feedback sounds.
    You can just replace the chime sound file with a "blank" sound file... i'm not sure which file it is (google?), but it's a really simple thing to fix.

Once you know the file path, you just send the renamed blank file using WOSQI
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    John,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am using 2.1.0 on Verizon. Your suggestions for 1, 2, and 5 definitely work. The charging chime is driving me nuts. I figured out that I can turn off system sounds and the chime goes away, but there are a few apps, camera and calculator, where I like having the feedback sounds.
    I created two meta doctor scripts for webOS 2.2.4 for Verizon, so if you wish to upgrade to latest let me know...

I also created an update webOS 2.1.0 script, if you really like webOS 2.1.0 better...

I prefer webOS 2.2.4, but not sure on the system sounds...

There is a method of renaming the sound file, if you really want to stop it.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    You can just replace the chime sound file with a "blank" sound file... i'm not sure which file it is (google?), but it's a really simple thing to fix.

Once you know the file path, you just send the renamed blank file using WOSQI
    This sounds familiar. I will try to do this or at least replace the chime with something that does not bother me.