Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1. ericlf's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just changed phones from a Pre Plus to a Pre 2 and am having trouble finding a combination of patches to configure the phone the way I want. I could not find a way to do what I want using Sconix's Advanced System patches, but may be wrong. My desires and what I am currently using are -

    1. Show day and month in top bar - Add Date MM DD.
    2. Show remaining battery life as a percentage - Battery percent as icon.
    3. Icon showing when phone ringer is muted - Ringer switch icon.
    4. Mute charging tone - This is my problem, I cannot get Charging Alert Sound Preference to install. The Charging Alert Vibrate patch works. Vibrating is better than the charging chime, but I would prefer to be able to mute the chime.
    5. Power button options - Advanced reset options.

    Except for not being able to kill the charging chime, I like the Pre 2 enough to stay with a webos phone a little longer.

    Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I just changed phones from a Pre Plus to a Pre 2 and am having trouble finding a combination of patches to configure the phone the way I want. I could not find a way to do what I want using Sconix's Advanced System patches, but may be wrong. My desires and what I am currently using are -

    1. Show day and month in top bar - Add Date MM DD.
    2. Show remaining battery life as a percentage - Battery percent as icon.
    3. Icon showing when phone ringer is muted - Ringer switch icon.
    4. Mute charging tone - This is my problem, I cannot get Charging Alert Sound Preference to install. The Charging Alert Vibrate patch works. Vibrating is better than the charging chime, but I would prefer to be able to mute the chime.
    5. Power button options - Advanced reset options.

    Except for not being able to kill the charging chime, I like the Pre 2 enough to stay with a webos phone a little longer.

    Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
    What webOS version 2.1.0 or 2.2.4?

    I use webOS 2.2.4 some patches for webOS 2.2.4 work well on Pre3 but do not work well on Pre2/PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4...

    So here is my list for what you want?
    1. Show day and month in top bar - Add Date MM DD.
    I used Add Date MM DD from webOS 2.1.1-22 (either add webOS 2.1.1 feed in PreWare or go get the IPK and side load with WOSQI)
    2. Show remaining battery life as a percentage - Battery percent as icon.
    I used Battery Percent and Icon from webOS 2.1.2-31 (either add webOS 2.1.2 feed in PreWare or go get the IPK and side load with WOSQI)
    3. Icon showing when phone ringer is muted - Ringer switch icon.
    Do not use this function but if there is a patch for webOS 2.1.x I would try it?
    4. Mute charging tone - This is my problem, I cannot get Charging Alert Sound Preference to install. The Charging Alert Vibrate patch works. Vibrating is better than the charging chime, but I would prefer to be able to mute the chime.
    Do not use this function but if there is a patch for webOS 2.1.x I would try it?
    5. Power button options - Advanced reset options.
    I used Advanced Reset Options V2.2.4-14 and it worked fine.

    Let me know if those worked for you?
    Remy X likes this.
  3. ericlf's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #3  
    John,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am using 2.1.0 on Verizon. Your suggestions for 1, 2, and 5 definitely work. The charging chime is driving me nuts. I figured out that I can turn off system sounds and the chime goes away, but there are a few apps, camera and calculator, where I like having the feedback sounds.
  4. #4  
    You can just replace the chime sound file with a "blank" sound file... i'm not sure which file it is (google?), but it's a really simple thing to fix.

    Once you know the file path, you just send the renamed blank file using WOSQI
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    John,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am using 2.1.0 on Verizon. Your suggestions for 1, 2, and 5 definitely work. The charging chime is driving me nuts. I figured out that I can turn off system sounds and the chime goes away, but there are a few apps, camera and calculator, where I like having the feedback sounds.
    I created two meta doctor scripts for webOS 2.2.4 for Verizon, so if you wish to upgrade to latest let me know...

    I also created an update webOS 2.1.0 script, if you really like webOS 2.1.0 better...

    I prefer webOS 2.2.4, but not sure on the system sounds...

    There is a method of renaming the sound file, if you really want to stop it.
  6. ericlf's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    You can just replace the chime sound file with a "blank" sound file... i'm not sure which file it is (google?), but it's a really simple thing to fix.

    Once you know the file path, you just send the renamed blank file using WOSQI
    This sounds familiar. I will try to do this or at least replace the chime with something that does not bother me.

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint Pre- to Pre2 using Verizon Pre2
    By bevo_7 in forum Palm Pre 2
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09/12/2011, 10:48 PM
  2. Moving from Pre- to Pre2. What do I need to do?
    By verno329 in forum Palm Pre 2
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08/29/2011, 11:54 AM
  3. Moving from Pre to something else & moving my data
    By Waynecb in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11/18/2010, 06:19 PM
  4. PATCH IDEA: Hardware method of moving the cursor around
    By lolthisismyname in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02/20/2010, 10:31 PM
  5. [Patch Request] : Moving Launcher Pages
    By icklepriest in forum webOS Patches
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02/01/2010, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions