1.    #1  
    Every time I use bluetooth (Verizon Palm Pre 2), I noticed the battery drain increases. It continually drains quickly even after I turn off bluetooth. To stop the fast drain I either have to shut it down and bring it back up or plug it in to charge.
    Anyone know of a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikstep View Post
    Every time I use bluetooth (Verizon Palm Pre 2), I noticed the battery drain increases. It continually drains quickly even after I turn off bluetooth. To stop the fast drain I either have to shut it down and bring it back up or plug it in to charge.
    Anyone know of a fix for this?
    That's pretty odd. Usually Bluetooth is rather power miserly, I leave my bluetooth on all day, for occasional internet tethering with my laptop and audio streaming in the car. At the point you're at I would probably doctor the phone and see if it makes a difference. If doctoring didn't help I would consider it a hardware issue and not use bluetooth or in my case get a new Pre 2.

Of course the standard questions are: Has it always had this problem? Did the problem start after a particular app was installed? Has the phone impacted a hard surface or been submerged in a liquid? etc...
    Ice Monkey has them, $59 new. till their gone.
    Last edited by namgod; 06/25/2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: more cowbell
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    If you have a bluetooth device that's pinging out to any device, your Pre will get busy with trying to "talk" to it.

I've observed Apple devices that are really nasty for that... Macbook that kept trying to connect to my paired stereo headset, and I've seen my Pre2 be affected by this. (regardless of the devices being paired)

I asked the person to turn his BT off his Macbook to test the theory, and the problem stopped.

I will leave my BT on and turn my headset (ear piece) off during the day as I only use it while walking/driving. As long as no other BT device is pinging everything it can, I've had no trouble.

But sometimes it's hard to tell what's causing a power drain... I've had days that my phone would still be at 80% + , while under days it would get down to around 60% (after a 8.5 work day, plus travel time.. so maybe 9 hours, but with minimal use... a short call or two, a few games, a few online searches, and emails).

As I hate finding myself with low power, I just got another spare Touchstone and now my phone sits on my desk while I work.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    That's pretty odd. Usually Bluetooth is rather power miserly, I leave my bluetooth on all day, for occasional internet tethering with my laptop and audio streaming in the car. At the point you're at I would probably doctor the phone and see if it makes a difference. If doctoring didn't help I would consider it a hardware issue and not use bluetooth or in my case get a new Pre 2.

Of course the standard questions are: Has it always had this problem? Did the problem start after a particular app was installed? Has the phone impacted a hard surface or been submerged in a liquid? etc...
    Ice Monkey has them, $59 new. till their gone.
    I did drop my Pre 2 once - but can't remember whether this started this or it has always been this way. It could also be an application .. I guess I could uninstall a few applications to find out.
    I was hoping this was a common problem that someone had a fix for .. I guess it's not.
    Anyway, thanks for the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikstep View Post
    I was hoping this was a common problem that someone had a fix for ...
    I've been searching for a fix also. I noticed my Sprint Frankenpre2 started discharging rapidly shortly after the update for the "root certificate fix" to have continued access to webOS cloud services. (Just my 2 cents worth of info).