1.    #1  
    So about 2 weeks ago I started having difficulty getting gmail to sync with my phone. I had the same issues when I got the phone back in February because I cracked the screen on my old pre2 but it seemed to work itself out after a couple of days. Now, today I have figured out that my texts aren't getting to/from the phone. I've tried deleting the gmail account and readding it but it doesn't seem to do anything but erase what emails I did have on the phone. I'm getting by with having the phone pull from my verizon account (which I have routed to gmail) but since verizon doesn't support imap there's no syncing going on which means I have to erase emails multiple times.

Any suggestions?
    No suggestions, but a question. What account type do you use for gmail on your pre2?

Google
    IMAP
    EAS

I am using Google, but will be adding IMAP and EAS to see if there is a difference.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    No suggestions, but a question. What account type do you use for gmail on your pre2?

Google
    IMAP
    EAS

I am using Google, but will be adding IMAP and EAS to see if there is a difference.
    I have a standard gmail account but I have it set up for IMAP. I never had any issues with my original pre (sprint) or my first pre 2 (verizon) but my newer pre 2 seems to have issues. It checks my mail occasionally but not consistently. Basically I have it now checking both my verizon email and gmail (which fetches my vz mail also) so that I don't miss anything important but verizon doesn't support IMAP so it's a pain to deal with.
    Maybe try removing the account, let it delete all data, and then add it again?
    Other thoughts, recently changed password? Using two step id?
    Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    So about 2 weeks ago I started having difficulty getting gmail to sync with my phone. I had the same issues when I got the phone back in February because I cracked the screen on my old pre2 but it seemed to work itself out after a couple of days. Now, today I have figured out that my texts aren't getting to/from the phone. I've tried deleting the gmail account and readding it but it doesn't seem to do anything but erase what emails I did have on the phone. I'm getting by with having the phone pull from my verizon account (which I have routed to gmail) but since verizon doesn't support imap there's no syncing going on which means I have to erase emails multiple times.

Any suggestions?
    do a Backup, then do a reset: Erase Apps & Data. When it comes back on, sign into your profile and see if it restores, which it should.

i offer this suggestion with the caveat that I don't know much about IMAP, and what login requirements it has to synch, that could be causing your problem. as suggested above, a dual security requirement, maybe something new like you need to login from a home computer and identify your phone as a permitted access point.

i have 3 gmail accts, one set as primary, and i default to google, not Palm for calendar, contacts, etc. there's far less chance of google losing my data than HP. i also have a hotmail POP, and it synchs/deletes from server w/o issue. good luck.
    Maybe... some "corrupted" e-mail?

Look this:

3 Weeks Without E-mail - "Retrieving Email Text".

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  8.    #8  
    I don't think that it is a bad email because my phone sync's periodically (every day or two), it is the weirdest thing. Thanks for the link though. I have had issues with my touchpad's email for over a year and haven't been able to fix it. Basically, I was just using the web browser to get to gmail but I will try your fix and see if I can actually use the email app.