1.    #1  
    So I just ordered a Pre 2 and had a few questions. For one, does preware still work on 2.0, and if so, can someone direct me to a preware tutorial? I used to know how to install patches and such on my pixi but have since forgotten and would like to do the same for the pre. Also, should I not update the firmware? It seems many people are having issues with 2.2.4? This will be a Verizon Pre, officially activated and used as it should be, with the exception of a few patches as mentioned above and I want to know if updating will harm the device. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    So I just ordered a Pre 2 and had a few questions. For one, does preware still work on 2.0, and if so, can someone direct me to a preware tutorial? I used to know how to install patches and such on my pixi but have since forgotten and would like to do the same for the pre. Also, should I not update the firmware? It seems many people are having issues with 2.2.4? This will be a Verizon Pre, officially activated and used as it should be, with the exception of a few patches as mentioned above and I want to know if updating will harm the device. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    yes, you will have to use webOS Quick Install - shouldn't be much different from installation on 1.x

installation of preware patches is very straightforward

Also, I can't say whether to update or not. I've found 2.2.4 to be a bit of a side-grade, you get some, potentially lose some, i switched between but ultimately stuck to 2.2.4 on my old GSM Pre2

Updating shouldn't cause any hardware damage unless something goes horribly wrong, like, for example, an airplane happens to turn your home into a makeshift runway.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I have the Verizon Pre 2, and yes, preware is available for it! Here is the post that I used to install preware:

How to install homebrew apps on your TouchPad or webOS smartphone | webOS Nation
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    yes, you will have to use webOS Quick Install - shouldn't be much different from installation on 1.x

installation of preware patches is very straightforward

Also, I can't say whether to update or not. I've found 2.2.4 to be a bit of a side-grade, you get some, potentially lose some, i switched between but ultimately stuck to 2.2.4 on my old GSM Pre2

Updating shouldn't cause any hardware damage unless something goes horribly wrong, like, for example, an airplane happens to turn your home into a makeshift runway.
    Thanks! Haha and what I meant by harm the device was that I just don't want to lose any important features by updating. I think I saw on here that someone said they lost the ability to browse the internet afterwards? Which would be a total killjoy if it were to happen. I mean, even if things did go wrong, couldn't I doctor it back to old firmware?

EDIT: And thanks for the link @itsjusthealth!
    Thanks! Haha and what I meant by harm the device was that I just don't want to lose any important features by updating. I think I saw on here that someone said they lost the ability to browse the internet afterwards? Which would be a total killjoy if it were to happen. I mean, even if things did go wrong, couldn't I doctor it back to old firmware?

EDIT: And thanks for the link @itsjusthealth!
    The only real change was one game no longer worked right and the bluetooth is touch and go for devices... my BlueAnt ( a great one that used to work fine), no longer works with it, I went through a few earpieces to get one that works half-decent. The stereo ones have all been fine.

It's mostly the voice dialing that took a hit.

But for the overall thing about 2.2.4, it's the better choice.

All other complaints I've seen have seldom been because of 2.2.4.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for that, I just wasn't sure if I should update or not And one last thing, does prethemer still work? Are any custom themes available or has that been shut down? I tried to load that feed onto my pixi, but it said it wouldn't work.
    Thanks for that, I just wasn't sure if I should update or not And one last thing, does prethemer still work? Are any custom themes available or has that been shut down? I tried to load that feed onto my pixi, but it said it wouldn't work.
    I've found the prethemer repo to be a bit iffy, as some don't work, some are ok
    my recommendation is getting themes from the forums here and using the app Theme manager to manage them. its pretty cool.
    My Palm OS Archive
  8.    #8  
    Oh there is one more thing. Where can I download the "iphone trick" patch? I used to have it on my pixi and it was great for tumblr, which unfortunately only renders in desktop mode without the patch.
    Oh there is one more thing. Where can I download the "iphone trick" patch? I used to have it on my pixi and it was great for tumblr, which unfortunately only renders in desktop mode without the patch.
    ah i believe you are talking about the iPhone user-agent patch
    if searching for user agent in preware brings up nothing, then search the forums. I know there was a thread on it somewhere here
    My Palm OS Archive
  10.    #10  
    Yeah I can't find anything on it besides impostah (in preware). Is there any way I could take it from my pixi and install it on my pre?
    iPhone User Agent Spoof - How to make all mobile websites display perfectly
    I'd scan through the pages because the first post hasn't been updated - but i dont think it's 2.2.4 ready
    My Palm OS Archive
  12.    #12  
    Thanks! It's alright if it's not 2.2.4 ready, I'm running 2.1 because I'm on Verizon and have only done an OTA update