1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

(small story)
    Well I got a gift from my brother which is Palm Pre 2, Well First I thought that it is completely unlocked but , latter I got to know that it is partially unlocked, Like with many limitations, My brother said he completed the contract with Orange(UK) and then he went a different store to unlock it , dont know what they done to it. And now am using this phone in INDIA

I need help to the following things:-
    1. How to unlock palm pre 2 to full extent.
    2. How to transfer files from pc to palm pre 2
    3. How to open app catalog when am on wifi

Much appreciated,

Seshu
    Last edited by seshu0520; 05/20/2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Hi,

Well,

1) either a phone is unlocked or it isn't, there's no in-between

If you can use any SIMs in it, use any network, then it is unlocked.

2) just plug it in the computer via a micro-USB and the phone will have a "USB mode" button on the screen that you press, and once done, you'll have to phone show in your explorer as if it's a jump drive... just save/copy files over. Music can be done via music players (synch) such a the simple Windows media player. For images, they'll be in the DC (camera) folder.

NOTE: if you install Preware (highly recommended), you can get WIFI file sharing that does the same but via WIFI, so no cables needed, your phone becomes part of the network and available in explorer as another computer and you can access the files/folders.

3) if you're on WIFI, simply open the catalog app, nothing difficult or required.

if you can't do any of these things, them the phone is NOT unlocked, it's been put in DEV mode only.

To unlock, you'd simply need to get an unlock code...

I used this service for my Pre2: DigitalUnlock: Unlock your Palm Pre

Worked fine, just follow the instructions.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Hi,

Well,

1) either a phone is unlocked or it isn't, there's no in-between

If you can use any SIMs in it, use any network, then it is unlocked.

2) just plug it in the computer via a micro-USB and the phone will have a "USB mode" button on the screen that you press, and once done, you'll have to phone show in your explorer as if it's a jump drive... just save/copy files over. Music can be done via music players (synch) such a the simple Windows media player. For images, they'll be in the DC (camera) folder.

NOTE: if you install Preware (highly recommended), you can get WIFI file sharing that does the same but via WIFI, so no cables needed, your phone becomes part of the network and available in explorer as another computer and you can access the files/folders.

3) if you're on WIFI, simply open the catalog app, nothing difficult or required.

if you can't do any of these things, them the phone is NOT unlocked, it's been put in DEV mode only.

To unlock, you'd simply need to get an unlock code...

I used this service for my Pre2: DigitalUnlock: Unlock your Palm Pre

Worked fine, just follow the instructions.
    Thank you for the Response,

Well see, when I connect my phone to pc nothing comes up on the mobile screen and there is no such option is available on the mobile to turn on usb mode,

When I check the Device Info In Carrier it says ROW,

Don't how my mobile is supporting all the sims that are available in the market (India)

as I told you I got this phone from UK (carrier :- ORANGE).

I think the phone is partially unlock , I donno correctly ...

And also the app catalog is not working with wifi.

Really appreciate any more suggestions !!!