1.    #1  
    My dad got a new Droid 4 so he gave me his old Pre 2. He had is stored for a while and can't remember the password. I tried webOS Doctor to see if that would restore the phone back to its original state. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me sign in with a Palm Profile that I tried to create. So I found out about MetaDoctor. I am following this tutorial: Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide (bypass carrier activation, etc.) I got stuck at step 8 where it says to enter mv web<TAB> webosdoctorp100ewwwsprint-1.4.0.jar into the terminal. The terminal tells me: -bash: TAB: No such file or directory

Has anyone else ran into this problem? I have a Palm Pre 2 Verizon Wireless. Any ideas are appreciated!
    Last edited by NDogLover; 05/14/2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Title not complete
    "(**NOTE**: This example is for use with a 1.4.0 Doctor on a Sprint Pre. PAY ATTENTION and change procedure, accordingly, to your needs!! I have changed some commands so that you can no longer copy & paste them directly, but MUST use the Tab or Space keys when you see this notation: <TAB> or <SPACE>)"
    1/I guess you copied and pasted the command with <TAB> inside. TAB is just an indication you should use the TAB key
    2/Make sure you use the right doctor version for your device the example is based on 1.4.0 for a sprint Pre!
    3/ Personnaly always use these instructions: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals to create my metadoctors.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    "(**NOTE**: This example is for use with a 1.4.0 Doctor on a Sprint Pre. PAY ATTENTION and change procedure, accordingly, to your needs!! I have changed some commands so that you can no longer copy & paste them directly, but MUST use the Tab or Space keys when you see this notation: <TAB> or <SPACE>)"
    1/I guess you copied and pasted the command with <TAB> inside. TAB is just an indication you should use the TAB key
    2/Make sure you use the right doctor version for your device the example is based on 1.4.0 for a sprint Pre!
    3/ Personnaly always use these instructions: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals to create my metadoctors.
    I didn't even realize that the instructions I was following was for a Sprint phone! Thanks for the link to the webOS directions! I suppose I should have known that about <TAB>. Oh well, you live and learn! Thanks! I will try that tomorrow.