I recently obtained an old Pre2 someone was throwing away/recycling. It was locked with their account and had a SIM card.

I used webOS doctor to do a clean install, entered developer mode, and installed Impostah. I can now use it as a mini Touchpad.

The only problem is the highly annoying notification that keeps popping up: "SIM not provisioned (2)". Also up in the top left corner it says "Check SIM-SOS only". How can I at least stop that notification from popping up all the time?
    Last edited by K466; 05/13/2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    I recently obtained an old Pre2 someone was throwing away/recycling. It was locked with their account and had a SIM card.

I used webOS doctor to do a clean install, entered developer mode, and installed Impostah. I can now use it as a mini Touchpad.

The only problem is the highly annoying notification that keeps popping up: "SIM not provisioned (2)". Also up in the top left corner it says "Check SIM-SOS only". How can I at least stop that notification from popping up all the time?
    Turn on airplane mode, that will turn all the radios (cellular, wifi & bluetooth) off, then you can turn wifi back on if you want/need it.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Turn on airplane mode, that will turn all the radios (cellular, wifi & bluetooth) off, then you can turn wifi back on if you want/need it.
    Wow it's amazing how easy some solutions can be, thanks so much!!!!! Same happened with app downloads, they always failed and it turned out that the clock was not updated.
    as a person who's never used the radio on any of his phones, i say have fun!

people don't understand me when i say i use everything on the phone except the actual phone
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive