Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By blinktreo
  • 3 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    I must be a nerd. That package arriving from Ebay was the highlight of my week!

Nice little phone, feels solid, keyboard slider is MILES ahead of my old Pre-.

I got so excited I had some beers. Now I'll have to wait till tomorrow to start surgery.

On top of it all, my wife (who has a baffling sense for all things mechanical) managed to get my Touchpad screen reseated after I broke off most of the clips replacing it.

It's a good webOS day! Now I just hope I don't screw up the comm-board swap and software updates.
    It's not as bad as it sounds reading the instructions. I held off for months before I finally did mine. I really didn't like any of the videos on it, but they were somewhat helpful. Good luck, and if you have questions, just ask!
    Good luck, and shout out if you have any issues.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks folks. The one surprise was the need for an Ubuntu installation to use WebDoctor. The current versions don't behave like the one mentioned in the instructions. Gonna do a little more research to make sure I can do it safely. Weird, I seem to recall a version of Webdoctor that runs on Windows. It's just a java app.
    It is the meta doctor process that requires Ubuntu. Once the doctor is built, it is no different from any regular doctor. You can save it (or at least label it so you don't forget what it is) and run it in either environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It is the meta doctor process that requires Ubuntu. Once the doctor is built, it is no different from any regular doctor. You can save it (or at least label it so you don't forget what it is) and run it in either environment.
    What he said. You only need Ubuntu/Linux to create the Meta Doctor. once you have it, you can run it from any environment.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free