Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I might be getting another pre 2 and was wondering if apps still work.
    Facebook, twitter etc, gmail and Hotmail.

Thanks
    Some are still available and work fine. The only one I don't know about (because I don't use it) is Facebook.
    With the Facebook app you can upload photos directly from the photo app. To check friends updates I prefer to use the browser and x.facebook.com, sometimes with the FB app some updates do not show.
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Facebook works fine on my Pre 3 still so I don't see why it wouldn't still work on the Pre 2 since it's basically the same app.
    We have a few Twitter 1.1 clients and there's an upcoming one for the Pre phones too: sprw. sprw has been around for the Touchpad for quite some time now and it's now coming to the Pre phones as well.
    The Facebook app does still work, but there are some things that aren't working properly. Last check you couldn't write on someone's wall anymore (or timeline). Also quite a few pics won't load. For posting pics and statuses it still works very well. For things that don't, the website works pretty well.
    using a pre2 and things work ok. facebook app works fine and is great for uploading photos right from camera app, though mobile site seems to have more features (as was previously said).

don't really do much with twitter. downloaded phnx, and that seemed to work ok.

email still works for gmail and hotmail. calander works as well. since hotmail works off of EAS, tasks will sync with task app in pre. google tasks will not.

podcasting and rss apps will still work. those are industry standards so they should no be changing anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The Facebook app does still work, but there are some things that aren't working properly. Last check you couldn't write on someone's wall anymore (or timeline). Also quite a few pics won't load. For posting pics and statuses it still works very well. For things that don't, the website works pretty well.
    I don't have any of your described problems on my Pre 3. So maybe that is related to the Pre 2?
    I do not have any problems with the facebook app on my Verizon Pre2. For Twitter, Phnx from the App Catalog is great, but I prefer Project Macaw from Preware myself. I have multiple emails from Hotmail and Google and have no problems.
    Are you sure? I'd bet money you would have the same issue. There was a thread recently where many confirmed neither the neither webOS Facebook app (phone and tablet) could post something to someone else's wall. I've not tried recently, but I doubt It has changed. Edit: nope, still can't do it.

All that said, it's still my favorite Facebook app, but it has fallen behind due to Facebook API changes.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/09/2013 at 04:20 PM.
    I'd bet money that I don't have the issue on my Pre 3 and TP. Maybe I'll make a video to prove it to you. The fact that it still works on the Pre 3 and TP means that it's not Facebook's API causing the issue since it's basically the same app for the Pre 2 and 3 (and the TP uses the same API as well).

In that same thread there were also people confirming it still works so it's 50-50: for some it's broken, for some it still works.
    Ok, show me then. Make sure you pick someone that is already on Timeline if they haven't finished switching everyone. There could be other variables, but I'm certain device isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/10/2013 at 06:42 AM.