Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By creepingmee
  1.    #1  
    Hello, i have a eu version Veer and a na Version Pre 2. Is it possible to Franken the Pre2 to work with eu bands?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hi siggi_digital,

I'm damn near certain that you cannot use a Veer com board in a Pre2 device. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this idea has been discussed and nixed in the past.
    You cannot use what doesn't exist. The Veer is all in one. No separate 'com' board on a Veer.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, is it possible to use an eu Pre com Board in an n.a. pre2, the instuictions i saw are all for sprint or verizon models.

Last edited by siggi_digital; 04/24/2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Never tried it, but since the 2.2.4 was for both pre2s it should work.
  6.    #6  
    OK, I try it, can I take the normal doctor? or do I have to build myself one?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2
    I'd recommend getting an EU Pre 2 instead.

Otherwise I think you need to edit the Meta Doctor files. Meta Doctor combines things from both the Sprint Pre Doctor and the Verizon Pre 2 doctor, as I understand it. You'd have to sort out how to change the Sprint sourced stuff to the doctor for your donor board. That's beyond me, though maybe John Steffes or Herrie could clarify.
    Just swap the commboards (PrPrPr/$Pr$ $Plus$/$Pr$ $2$ $Eu$ $X$ $Pr$/$Pr$ $Plus$/$Pr$$2$ $Na$) $and$ $make$ $an$ &$quot$;$Apps$ &$amp$; $Data$ $Reset$&$quot$;.

Dont need metadoctor.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  9.    #9  
    I did it. And it works . Thanks to all