1.    #1  
    On my Verizon Palm Pre 2, I'm unable to play m3u internet streams. For example, when I trying to open the following link, the built-in media player opens up, but it return that 'There was an error playing the file'.

http://kera-ice.streamguys.us/keralive.m3u

Now, that exact same link opens and plays fine on my Verizon Pixi Plus which runs 1.4.5 and it opens and plays perfectly fine on my Sprint Pre which is running webOS 2.1.0 via Meta-Doctor. I understand that there might be some apps that might play the file, but I'm looking for a answer as to why it plays on one of my webOS 2.1.0 device but not the other.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpatel View Post
    On my Verizon Palm Pre 2, I'm unable to play m3u internet streams. For example, when I trying to open the following link, the built-in media player opens up, but it return that 'There was an error playing the file'.

http://kera-ice.streamguys.us/keralive.m3u

Now, that exact same link opens and plays fine on my Verizon Pixi Plus which runs 1.4.5 and it opens and plays perfectly fine on my Sprint Pre which is running webOS 2.1.0 via Meta-Doctor. I understand that there might be some apps that might play the file, but I'm looking for a answer as to why it plays on one of my webOS 2.1.0 device but not the other.

Thanks
    Just tried your link with my Pre2.

No problem it worked.

Buffered for about 5 seconds and the channel kicked in.

You mention 2.1 device... if your Pre2 is still on 2.1 instead of 2.2.4, that's probably your problem.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Just tried your link with my Pre2.

No problem it worked.

Buffered for about 5 seconds and the channel kicked in.

You mention 2.1 device... if your Pre2 is still on 2.1 instead of 2.2.4, that's probably your problem.
    I didn't think I would have to, given that the m3u stream works fine on my sprint pre running a doctor'd webos 2.1, but i'll look to upgrade my verizon to 2.2.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpatel View Post
    I didn't think I would have to, given that the m3u stream works fine on my sprint pre running a doctor'd webos 2.1, but i'll look to upgrade my verizon to 2.2.4.
    On my PRe3 with webOS 2.2.4, I can only play about 15 seconds and then it bombs out.... this is the case no matter what stream i play on 3G

however when connected to a wireless network it generally plays alot longer.... maybe 30mins
    This Stream worked on my touchpad (3.0.5 lunace) veer 2.2.4 and pre3 2.2.4. I'm sure it would work on my pre plus 2.1 and pre2 2.2.4 as well, but cannot test them right now as I am at work and they are at home. I suspect maybe its your connection?