webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Palm Pre 2 can't log into email accounts ?
Palm Pre 2 can't log into email accounts ?
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04/16/2013, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
PalmPixi_User23's Avatar
 
Posts: 582
I'm probably one of the remaining few of who still uses a WebOS Palm Pre 2 device (since all have moved into the dark side joining Google), so I'm hoping that someone might be able to assist me on this matter that I'm facing with the 'email app' on my phone. I'm used to be able to log into my email accounts(by tying my credentials assigned to my email clients) on my webOS device, but recently I haven't been able to log into my yahoo account since it keeps giving me error messages of "Invalid credentials" with number 1299. I even tried turning off/restart my device and so far "No luck". It's like the inept folks at the headquarter at HP(purposely) messed up something in WebOS Synergy making my Yahoo mail account fall into limbo, Please, need assistance....
__________________
Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.

Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 04/17/2013 at 12:05 AM.
PalmPixi_User23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 418
Quite the assumption... My whole family uses Pre2s. And all love them.

I pretty much only use yahoo mail, and absolutely no issues on my side.(just tested it)

Sometimes local servers can go down, so give it a bit of time before jumping the gun.

Otherwise, make sure sure that your connection and settings are ok.
__________________
Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3
I see a pattern...
imfallen_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 07:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
briest's Avatar
 
Posts: 69
Have you tried switching to standard, IMAP account type? See http://www.webosnation.com/workaroun...ail-1299-error

edit: removed unnecessary full quote
briest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 08:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1,568
What Version of webOS are you using on the Pre2?

I have a Pre2 on Verizon (although not connected to any plan, using WiFi) with webOS 2.2.4 and it is syncing just fine...

My daily driver (PrePlus), also with webOS 2.2.4, is also not having any issues with syncing...

Reason I ask, when I was on webOS 2.1.0, I had this issue all the time, it would come and go...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
spiderwort's Avatar
 
Posts: 31
Every once in a while, something can get corrupted somewhere. I have no idea precisely what...... But the easy way to fix it is to simply delete the account on the phone (go to the Accounts application), and then re-add the account (make sure you know your password! :-0 ). I just had to go through that with one of my gmail accounts this morning. One of two was working fine. Deleted/readded the one not working, and all starting working again.
__________________
US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
spiderwort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
determinedd's Avatar
 
Posts: 325
There were forum posts about this issue in previous years, where we had to manually create the account using "Email Account" instead of "Yahoo!" because something was screwy on HP's end.

Also, something happened yesterday morning, seemingly for like an hour, where an email wouldn't send from my Gmail account. I started a new email and it worked.
__________________
"just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
determinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2013, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
PalmPixi_User23's Avatar
 
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
Quite the assumption... My whole family uses Pre2s. And all love them.
Sorry, its not much an assumption much have been confirmed with a few members who used to be fans of the Pre 2, and now they have moved into the dark side with Google or iOS. If you're looking around in the WebOS forums, you will noticed that several former Pre 2 members will say they either own i5 or Nexus devices....so it appears that few are still sticking with their Pre's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
What Version of webOS are you using on the Pre2?

I have a Pre2 on Verizon (although not connected to any plan, using WiFi) with webOS 2.2.4 and it is syncing just fine...

My daily driver (PrePlus), also with webOS 2.2.4, is also not having any issues with syncing...

Reason I ask, when I was on webOS 2.1.0, I had this issue all the time, it would come and go...
John Steffes,

Since, there was no official release of WebOS 2.2.4 on Verizon, I'm still running on WebOS 2.1. I've heard of several problems with the older v2.1 when syncing emails with Yahoo!. However, it has never been this severe that it doesn't even let me log into my email....forcing me to go into the mobile WebOS browser(which is not that good at all) to be able to read my e-mail.

Of course, I have read that you can hack your Pre 2 to run WebOS 2.2.4...but the process is so complicated for a regular user that sometimes it's not worth pursuing that route. Plus, I heard that it could be unstable for the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briest View Post
Have you tried switching to standard, IMAP account type? See Workaround to fix the Yahoo email 1299 Error | webOS Nation

edit: removed unnecessary full quote
Nope, I haven't tried that yet....how could I do that in my WebOS Phone?
__________________
Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
PalmPixi_User23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2013, 05:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
briest's Avatar
 
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Nope, I haven't tried that yet....how could I do that in my WebOS Phone?
There's step-by-step instruction in article; additionally, someone in comments reported better luck using different servers: imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com
briest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2013, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
PalmPixi_User23's Avatar
 
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by briest View Post
There's step-by-step instruction in article; additionally, someone in comments reported better luck using different servers: imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Thanks for your reply......I'm still having problems with my device syncing my emails with Yahoo! Any more solutions on how I could get yahoo mail working again on my Pre 2.
__________________
Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
PalmPixi_User23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2013, 09:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post



Of course, I have read that you can hack your Pre 2 to run WebOS 2.2.4...but the process is so complicated for a regular user that sometimes it's not worth pursuing that route. Plus, I heard that it could be unstable for the device.
Just get an unlock code, and then doctor the phone to 2.2.4.

There's plenty of information online, that even the most regular user should be able to follow the steps very easily.

Whatever is causing your issues is not a common thing, odds are that an app or something has caused an issue with your setup.
__________________
Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3
I see a pattern...
imfallen_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2013, 10:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Sorry, its not much an assumption much have been confirmed with a few members who used to be fans of the Pre 2, and now they have moved into the dark side with Google or iOS. If you're looking around in the WebOS forums, you will noticed that several former Pre 2 members will say they either own i5 or Nexus devices....so it appears that few are still sticking with their Pre's.
As there are still many thousands of WebOS users that are persevering, developers are still working on anything they can to improve the platform and new Apps are still being produce, I wonder why you even bother still staying with a Pre2 it if you come in making such a statement.

Sure a majority of people switched. but these people are the type that will jump again and again to the next new thing anyways, so it doesn't speak much about why they did... most do because they wanted the thousands of APPs available to other platform, and interestingly, lately, there's been a few post about some of them returning to their Pres after realizing that 100 APP that does the same thing, isn't all that better than an OS that's easy to use and provides a much higher quality experience. And many have multiple phones anyways... that they still have their Pres and/or come to this forum shows their interest regardless.

Have you tried all the suggestions, including the delete your account and then reinstate it?

Have you tried doctoring your phone?

Just about all possible solutions are fairly straightforward.
__________________
Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3
I see a pattern...
imfallen_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2013, 10:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
Just get an unlock code, and then doctor the phone to 2.2.4.

There's plenty of information online, that even the most regular user should be able to follow the steps very easily.

Whatever is causing your issues is not a common thing, odds are that an app or something has caused an issue with your setup.
He has a Verizon Pre2, no unlock code needed, and there is no "official doctor"...


Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Thanks for your reply......I'm still having problems with my device syncing my emails with Yahoo! Any more solutions on how I could get yahoo mail working again on my Pre 2.
Upgrade to the meta doctor unofficial doctor to webOS 2.2.4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Since, there was no official release of WebOS 2.2.4 on Verizon, I'm still running on WebOS 2.1. I've heard of several problems with the older v2.1 when syncing emails with Yahoo!. However, it has never been this severe that it doesn't even let me log into my email....forcing me to go into the mobile WebOS browser(which is not that good at all) to be able to read my e-mail.

Of course, I have read that you can hack your Pre 2 to run WebOS 2.2.4...but the process is so complicated for a regular user that sometimes it's not worth pursuing that route. Plus, I heard that it could be unstable for the device.
The Process is not hard, the setup might be, but I have offered to assist, I have offered to help...

webOS 2.2.4 is far the most stable webOS (Phone version) I have ever used, with Full Skype, Enyo, etc.. with the Super Scripts which gives one the best possible Verizon Experience (only equally matched on Verizon Pre3)...

There are issues under the PrePlus, but not the Pre2 or Pre3 (once you get it activated)... webOS 2.2.4 is the best of webOS 2.1.0/3.0.5 for the phones...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2014, 11:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Preemptive's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,352
Hi, I recently stopped using the Pre2 due to mystery battery drain issues. However, the Pre3 stopped syncing to Yahoo 2 days ago. Both are on 2.2.4

I fired up the Pre2 and it works fine with Yahoo (once I put in my post-heartbleed password update), but didn't like Google (unknown error). I couldn't find any problem with the Pre3 settings and it never reported an error. Often when I have an error, I check the settings and see too few dots in the password field an assume the machine has 'forgotten' the password. Usually, re-entering solves the problem, BUT actually I often see what appears to be a truncated password and the sync still works fine..?

Anyway, ultimately the problem was solved by removing and re-adding the yahoo acount. I guess some glitch can develop somewhere that's not user re-setable and you just have to start from scratch.

Back on the Pre2 I did all kinds of stuff to re-enable the google account, but no joy, so I removed and re-enabled it and it was STILL not working! It was only on the verge of giving up that I remembered the google https patch I had to recently add to the Pre3. Off to add it to the Pre2 now...

There has been talk of 'updating the update guides' for a while and lacking an official or unofficial update mechanism, a comprehensive guide that at least lists all the hoops we now need to jump through seems necessary and I will look into it.

Anyhow, my best advice is: try removing and re-adding the account - the default yahoo template should work or the settings from the 1299 error link if you add it manually. I use imap, not pop.

If you can upgrade to 2.2.4,.. I guess it's up to you.
__________________
webOS Status Report | The Zombie & Dead app list
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Bug] Email - Cannot change actual email accounts order CraiaSoftware webOS Discussion Lounge 0 02/21/2011 11:34 AM
How many email accounts on Pre?????? Triple xXx Palm Pre and Pre Plus 22 05/26/2010 12:57 PM
Add folders to the Palm Pre Mail Accounts Palm_Pre_Rocks Palm Pre and Pre Plus 2 05/05/2010 05:06 PM
Palm Pre / Gmail & multiple email accounts Terry R. webOS Synergy and Synchronization 0 12/24/2009 02:36 PM


 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0