Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By marknyack
  • 1 Post By SmartFah
  • 2 Post By johnsonx42
  • 2 Post By RumoredNow
  • 2 Post By Derek Kessler
  1.    #1  
    Don't know if any one is interested:

Best Buy is selling no contract Verizon Pre 2 for $51.99 online or shipped to most stores. it's still selling and there will be new WEBOS users checking in -

Link:Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Palm Pre 2 No-Contract Mobile Phone - Black - PALM PRE 2

Also Palm Pixie Plus unlocked for $59.98

This is part of their (Best Buy's) Big Spring cleanup.
    RumoredNow, Rnp and SmartFah like this.
    Not a bad price at all...

I see lots of new Page Plus activations soon...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    You usually can't activate Pre-Paids on PP. I am not sure if they are just allowing these phones on PP or there is something unique about them.

I paid $50 for my Pre2 brand new just last week. Its not the greatest of deals. If it goes down to $25.00, I might have to buy another for a spare.
    I retired my Sprint FrankenPre 2 this past summer (well, I accidentally dropped it & shattered the screen) and have been using an iPhone since, but I'm tempted to pick up one of these. The Pre 2 was an awesome phone.
    cbosdell likes this.
    all sold out already looks like...

not sure why I feel like I want one of these. I have an unlocked Pre3 as my regular phone, and a VZW Pre+ that I haven't booted up in a year. What on earth would I do with a VZW Pre2? Yet somehow I still desire one, it makes no sense.
    SmartFah and RumoredNow like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post

not sure why I feel like I want one of these. I have an unlocked Pre3 as my regular phone, and a VZW Pre+ that I haven't booted up in a year. What on earth would I do with a VZW Pre2? Yet somehow I still desire one, it makes no sense.
    Love doesn't have to make sense. <3
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    ananimus and xandros9 like this.
    I'm reposting this from the Blog to let everyone know that a Best Buy spec on this phone is wrong:

I bought this last week for 51.99. When it arrived the price had been dropped to 44.99 and they gave me a credit for the difference. I love all the features, especially for the price, but the specs on the Best Buy site were wrong. They said it comes with a microSD slot, but it doesn't have one. I can't find any reference to any Pre having an SD slot on the internet, so I'm guessing the specs just have a typo. So, don't buy this because you have a zillion contacts and songs and need the memory.
    Yeah, that's definitely wrong, no webOS device has ever had expandable memory.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    My first Pre! I have a Verizon 4G Android phone and thought I'd be able to stick it's SIM card in the Pre. I didn't think it through I've had a TP for a couple years now, so I think of this as a pocket size TP. There a lot of free wifi out there, and it's great to use at home.

My question: Is there a way to tether this to my Android phone? I found lots of discussions about tethering other devices to the Pre, but since mine isn't activated, I want to go the other: way in case I'm not in wifi range, use my Android to connect the Pre to the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post

Gotta complete the set, man! I've got a Pre+, Pixi+, Pre2 and Pre3 to go with my Touchpad. Unfortunately, all the phones are in the drawer now as I've finally taken them out of daily driver rotation, see signature
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Gotta complete the set, man! I've got a Pre+, Pixi+, Pre2 and Pre3 to go with my Touchpad. Unfortunately, all the phones are in the drawer now as I've finally taken them out of daily driver rotation, see signature
    Shame to you that you would keep a Pre 3, locked in a drawer....While you fully enjoying the fruit of the berry phone.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    ebay has all the brand new verizon Pre 2's you could want for $55 delivered...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjgriffin View Post
    My first Pre! I have a Verizon 4G Android phone and thought I'd be able to stick it's SIM card in the Pre. I didn't think it through I've had a TP for a couple years now, so I think of this as a pocket size TP. There a lot of free wifi out there, and it's great to use at home.

My question: Is there a way to tether this to my Android phone? I found lots of discussions about tethering other devices to the Pre, but since mine isn't activated, I want to go the other: way in case I'm not in wifi range, use my Android to connect the Pre to the net.
    You wouldn't use tethering on the Pre, but tethering on the Android phone. Once you turn on your Android's hotspot, just look for the network name in the Pre's wifi listing and connect the way you would with any other wifi network.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nawadley View Post
    You wouldn't use tethering on the Pre, but tethering on the Android phone. Once you turn on your Android's hotspot, just look for the network name in the Pre's wifi listing and connect the way you would with any other wifi network.
    I was thinking the Pre needed a client to be seen by PDANet+ or FoxFi. I'll play around. Thanks!

Update: Ok. It looks like the Pre needs a client to tether with bluetooth. I'm not sure about USB, but I doubt it. I'll have to get a USB micro-to-micro cable to try it. I tried FoxFi wifi tether, but it failed starting the hotspot. When I try to turn on the hotspot by hand in settings, I get an error that it can't find com.blah.blah.TurnOnOffWifi. I guess the custom ROM deleted or froze that. I'm doing a search right now. I'm hoping there is a backup.
    Last edited by tjgriffin; 04/10/2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added update