1.    #1  
    I opened "software manager" on my Pre2 to check for any updates, and happened to click on the "other" tab. In there was a blank entry with no name.... Just a version number (0.5.3) and i cant seem to be able to delete/remove it.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_a View Post
    I opened "software manager" on my Pre2 to check for any updates, and happened to click on the "other" tab. In there was a blank entry with no name.... Just a version number (0.5.3) and i cant seem to be able to delete/remove it.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    You ever figure this out?

If not, perhaps check Preware's list of installed applications and see if you can hunt it down there. If thats no help, maybe look in the app catalog's list (If it goes to the error screen, backswipe, hit the application list again and IMMEDIATELY tap an application. Any one. Let the error message pop up there and then backswipe, you can now use the list without interruption).

Lemme know what happened/happens. Weird issues intrigue my curiosity.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
  3.    #3  
    Havent got it sorted out yet. In software manager when i swipe to delete it, i hit the delete button, the confirmation comes up, but when i click the delete button nothing happens.

I tried going through the list of installed apps in preware and the stock software manager, but i have no idea how to match it. There arent any apps with that version number listed, and i dont have a name.

I wonder if it is just a corrupt local database entry? I'll prolly doctor it this weekend and see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye_a View Post
    Havent got it sorted out yet. In software manager when i swipe to delete it, i hit the delete button, the confirmation comes up, but when i click the delete button nothing happens.

I tried going through the list of installed apps in preware and the stock software manager, but i have no idea how to match it. There arent any apps with that version number listed, and i dont have a name.

I wonder if it is just a corrupt local database entry? I'll prolly doctor it this weekend and see if that helps.
    The other tab is normally reserved for system services (synergy or other added thru the App Catalog)...
    It's interesting, though, because although technically the tab is functional, there's not supposed to be any way to actually get a system service that doesn't have an associated app, because the installer doesn't support it. Or at least, it's not documented, if it does.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Well I erased and doctored the phone and its not there anymore. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Cheers