Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AstroRasta
  1.    #1  
    About 1 month ago I found a Palm Pre on the bus.
    I should have returned it but my Babylon-infused mind didn't even think to return it.
    Instead I thought it was a pretty neat little phone, I liked that it said Palm because my older brother was a techie back in the 90s and loved the hell out of Palm devices. We were probably the only broke teenagers rocking Palms in middle school. Man was that the bomb!!

Anyway,
    I ended up wiping the phone clean so I can start to use it and claim it as my own.
    Lo and behold, there is a Palm Profile log in I can't get passed, so the phone is pretty much bricked.
    I let it be. But something about it makes me keep wanting to hold it, it feels so lovely and natural in my hand,
    like a stone.

2 weeks later I have a bit of money and go ahead and buy my own Palm Pre 2.
    I received it about 4 days ago and I have fallen so deeply in love with this device, I am afraid of it dying on me someday. I want to buy at least 1 more just to have in stand-by.
    WebOS is the bomb!!!! Maaan, such a smooth interface. And the apps it comes with are perfect for organizing (I really loved the PDA organizational features of the early Palms I had used)

I got a few homebrew apps on my phone now so it's amazing to use Google Maps (thank you to whoever made that) and get my Gameboy Advance gaming on!! Hell yeah!!

Anyway, I don't know if this thread is appropriate or not but I just wanted to reach out with my utter gratefulness and appreciation, the magnitude of which I cannot describe.
    All the work you guys put into WebOS and Preware have made my last couple of days nothing but sheer magic.
    Where can I donate appropiately? I work construction and just finished the last of my monies on a 6-pack but man I would really love to chunk some change to you all who make this possible.

One Love
    cbosdell likes this.
    +1 We never get tired of reading positive posts from new users. Wish you would have turned the Pre in for the original owner... but glad to see you picked up a legit Pre2 Enjoy and welcome to webOS Nation!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    you sure can donate just visit the forums webos will never die ...on the contrary it will rise with time
    Welcome aboard.

Here's the best place to start: WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

Plus: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...g.preware.docs

Internals covers a lot of ground. I've donated and purchased the documentation app. There are individual developers with Donate links on the forums and I try to click on those when I can as well.

Google Maps is brought to the community by 72ka. I'm amazed by how often he rolls out updates. Just look at the changelog in the first post of the Google Maps thread. New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API BTW - Jan has a Donate link in that post for his work on Google Maps.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroRasta View Post
    About 1 month ago I found a Palm Pre on the bus.
    I should have returned it but my Babylon-infused mind didn't even think to return it.
    Instead I thought it was a pretty neat little phone, I liked that it said Palm because my older brother was a techie back in the 90s and loved the hell out of Palm devices. We were probably the only broke teenagers rocking Palms in middle school. Man was that the bomb!!

Anyway,
    I ended up wiping the phone clean so I can start to use it and claim it as my own.
    Lo and behold, there is a Palm Profile log in I can't get passed, so the phone is pretty much bricked.
    I let it be. But something about it makes me keep wanting to hold it, it feels so lovely and natural in my hand,
    like a stone.

2 weeks later I have a bit of money and go ahead and buy my own Palm Pre 2.
    I received it about 4 days ago and I have fallen so deeply in love with this device, I am afraid of it dying on me someday. I want to buy at least 1 more just to have in stand-by.
    WebOS is the bomb!!!! Maaan, such a smooth interface. And the apps it comes with are perfect for organizing (I really loved the PDA organizational features of the early Palms I had used)

I got a few homebrew apps on my phone now so it's amazing to use Google Maps (thank you to whoever made that) and get my Gameboy Advance gaming on!! Hell yeah!!

Anyway, I don't know if this thread is appropriate or not but I just wanted to reach out with my utter gratefulness and appreciation, the magnitude of which I cannot describe.
    All the work you guys put into WebOS and Preware have made my last couple of days nothing but sheer magic.
    Where can I donate appropiately? I work construction and just finished the last of my monies on a 6-pack but man I would really love to chunk some change to you all who make this possible.

One Love
    you didn't return the phone??? Not cool man.. Not cool...