1.    #1  
    Today my VZW Pre 2 (PPC $30 plan) has a symbol that says 1X where the 3G symbol used to be. It lights up when you use data the same as the 3G used to. Wondering what is different, my data roaming is still disabled through the dialer app so it can't be that. No other changes made to phone, just that today this weird 1X symbol appeared and I can't figure out what happened. In the meantime I turned data usage off until I get some responses from you guys to help me figure this thing out. Restarting device did't make it go away, any responses welcome.
    I'm sure 1x is slower than 3G, so either your phones decided to pick a different tower/network, or there's some maintenance going on in your network that's bringing the signal down to 1x.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I'm sure 1x is slower than 3G, so either your phones decided to pick a different tower/network, or there's some maintenance going on in your network that's bringing the signal down to 1x.
    +1

1x is CDMA talk for 2G speed. I'm willing to bet that they are working on equipment or you've wandered onto a weaker signal, just as GMMan said.

Try dialing *228 (and press send) to update your PRL (preferred roaming list).

Or for a more advanced maneuver use this hash code:
    ##EVDO# (3836) (CMDA only)
    This opens a "EVDO Mode" page that controls your phone's EVDO Settings. It gives you the options to force your pre into the following options: 1xRTT only, EVDO Rev 0 only, Hybrid Rev 0, EVDO only, or Hybrid Rev A (meaning pick the best available). Hybrid Rev A is likely to get you the best speed, but if you don't have good reception in your area, you may want to choose something else to conserve battery life.

More hash codes can be found at Internals: WebOS Hash Codes - WebOS Internals
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee