1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, this is my first post here. Great forum from everything I see! I just picked up a brand new Verizon Palm Pre 2 a couple days ago to use on Page Plus. I noticed the pre-installed Google Maps is a dead, unsupported app. So I downloaded and installed WebOS Quick Install today, then loaded the Preware App, then downloaded the Preware Google Maps App (works well when loaded up from the Launcher). However, if I'm using my web browser and click on a Google Maps link (for directions, a location, etc.), the device defaults to opening the dead Goggle Maps App, and of course, that's not good. So do I need to remove the old App, and/or is there a patch available that will allow the browser to default to the new Google Maps App when clicking a link?
    Wasn't Google Maps replaced by bing maps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    Wasn't Google Maps replaced by bing maps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Not necessarily cause I still have Google Maps installed on my Pre 2 and it works like a charm bit better only that it's super slow sometimes when zooming in and out. Anyways, I'm think that what she means, if there's a way when you click a link on the web browser it will open the app of "Google Maps" Homebrew version instead of the silly Bings Maps. I don't think that there's homebrew patch(created or made) for that, cause developers have left WebOS.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Well, the problem is not to change the handler for maps links, but to interpret them.

You can change the app id in /var/usr/palm/command-resource-handlers-active.json from com.palm.app.maps to cz.72ka.googlemaps, but the App don't how to interpret them. The best idea would be to contact the developer, I think it would be much easier than try to convert the parameters somehow!
    Hmm, he handles launch parameters... so in this case does the app just receive the google maps URL and have to parse it to get the address? Sounds like a fun experiment.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    . Anyways, I'm think that what he means, if there's a way when you click a link on the web browser it will open the app of "Google Maps" Homebrew version instead of the silly Bings Maps:
    Yes, that is correct.
    you can try to change the standard program for map/adress related stuff via
    "device info" -> menu (swipe down from upper left corner) -> "standard programs" and then set the other google maps as default.
    YMMV, at least that's how it works on a german Pre3. Although some apps seem to ignore this setting.
    You probably can find further info on the corresponding thread here on precentral.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    you can try to change the standard program for map/adress related stuff via
    "device info" -> menu (swipe down from upper left corner) -> "standard programs" and then set the other google maps as default.
    YMMV, at least that's how it works on a german Pre3. Although some apps seem to ignore this setting.
    You probably can find further info on the corresponding thread here on precentral.
    Thank you. I went ahead and did this, and now the correct Google Maps launches when I click on an address in my contacts, BUT it still doesn't launch the correct Google Maps from the web browser.