webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Just bought a Pre 2!
Just bought a Pre 2!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By CometGSR
  • 1 Post By warp drive
  • 2 Post By dustybutts
  • 3 Post By siggi_digital

Old 03/13/2013, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

With all the doom and gloom here, I figured I would let you guys know that I am back with WebOS. I bought a Pre2 for a great price on eBay. I am hooking it up with Kitty Wireless and doing the prepaid thing. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the 1ghz processor.

I am a former Pixi Plus owner. I liked the device but it was laggy. I "upgraded" to a Droid 1, then went to a Droid X, went back to a Palm Treo Pro and now I am back with the Pre2. The reason I decided to get rid of the Treo Pro was because Ford Sync was puking on the bluetooth connection. I suppose the better email client and more modern App catalog (whats left of it, from what I hear) won't hurt.

I look forward to loading my Pre2 up with all the great apps on this forum. Hopefully, I am not too late to the party.
CometGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 and barryb20 like this.
Old 03/13/2013, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometGSR View Post
With all the doom and gloom here, I figured I would let you guys know that I am back with WebOS. I bought a Pre2 for a great price on eBay. I am hooking it up with Kitty Wireless and doing the prepaid thing. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the 1ghz processor.

I am a former Pixi Plus owner. I liked the device but it was laggy. I "upgraded" to a Droid 1, then went to a Droid X, went back to a Palm Treo Pro and now I am back with the Pre2. The reason I decided to get rid of the Treo Pro was because Ford Sync was puking on the bluetooth connection. I suppose the better email client and more modern App catalog (whats left of it, from what I hear) won't hurt.

I look forward to loading my Pre2 up with all the great apps on this forum. Hopefully, I am not too late to the party.
Which webOS version 2.1.0 or 2.2.4? Bluetooth was changed in 2.2.4 for MAP, it also caused issues with some car sync (not sure which),,,,
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2013, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Welcome home.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2013, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Pre 2 is rockin'. Like my Pre 3, but kinda miss the Pre 2. Looking for a GSM-flavored one myself!
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2013, 05:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

I like the pre2 size. I especially enjoy talking on it with slider open
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2013, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

I will know today! Its on the truck and waiting to be delivered. It was a former Frankenpre, so I don't know if that means anything about the WebOS version number. The guy said he set it back to default.

Thanks for the welcome. I will report back on how it goes. I should have it activated tonight!
Old 03/14/2013, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Congrats! The Pre2 is a lovely little capable machine!
Old 03/14/2013, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Welcome back on board - make yourself comfortable with all the new shiny stuff under Tips and Tricks for webOS | webOS Nation
and enjoy our ride into the uncertainty of "the coming month"
Old 03/14/2013, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

I agree with Gizmo - Welcome back!

I'm still rockin' a Sprint FrankenPre2 and want to keep using it as long as possible! Fingers still crossed that something worthwhile is going to come of the Open WebOS effort and LG's recent acquisition of WebOS rights . . . eventually . . .
warp drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by davidtm likes this.
Old 03/15/2013, 07:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

I got the device and was pretty happy with it. Its pretty fast compaired to the Pixi Plus I had before. I was happy to see that WebOS remembered which applications I had loaded on my Pixi.

My Google Apps and Exchange server went in nicely. I am still looking at the home brew apps to see what I need to load. I remember seeing a way to extend the vibrate for text messages, I have to find it.
Old 03/15/2013, 06:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometGSR View Post
I got the device and was pretty happy with it. Its pretty fast compaired to the Pixi Plus I had before. I was happy to see that WebOS remembered which applications I had loaded on my Pixi.

My Google Apps and Exchange server went in nicely. I am still looking at the home brew apps to see what I need to load. I remember seeing a way to extend the vibrate for text messages, I have to find it.
Faster card animations for sure, cycle email, disable lightbar, govnah and uberkernel, ubercalender to name a few
Old 03/15/2013, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

I checked out Mode Switcher today. I have it turning off my WiFi during my working hours. I think I have it right. We will see on Monday when I am back at work. I also toggled my Bluetooth status for 10 minutes so my car and my Panasonic Link-to-Cell don't play tug of war with each other.

The phone itself is nice, I hate the Palm OEM leather belt case. Its a tight fit. Its almost like it wasn't made for the phone. My old OEM Palm Treo case fits it better. It didn't really fit the Treo Pro either.
Old 03/15/2013, 11:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hey me too. I just gave up on my Droid 2 (lemon of a phone). Had a Pre 2 that I had not used yet. I love it. Anyone have any suggestions for web browsing those, that does seem a bit antiquated on the screen?
dustybutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ananimus and barryb20 like this.
Old 04/21/2013, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hello i'm back too, after nearly one year with Android , i bought a new pre 2. Had the nexus s and Galaxy nexus but gave them away to my niece and my wife. Now i use my HP veer and waiting for the Pre 2 to arrive .

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited by siggi_digital; 04/21/2013 at 11:39 PM.
siggi_digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by mtiberio, ananimus and barryb20 like this.
Old 05/09/2013, 04:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

After a few months with my Pre 2 a compiled the set of patches that makes it a joy to use (well, just before it died...). I just want to share the list:

Add move to folder button
Advanced system behavior
Advanced system menus - device menu
Advanced system menus - framework
Advanced system menus - today menu
Advanced system prefs - email prefs
Advanced system prefs - framework
Advanced system prefs - messaging prefs
Advanced system prefs - system prefs
Browser scrollbar
Buttah
Disable captive portal notifications
Hold tap context menu
Hold tap context menu
Imageview hi-res zoom
Improved photo naming pre
Improved PRE video naming
Max blocker
Mojo FPS booster
Mojo smooth scrolling
Mojo sppedy switch
Mojo tap responsiveness
More transparent share link
Muffle system logging
New card button
No auto refresh after idle
Private browsing
Quiet powerd messages
Remove dropped packet logging
Ubercalendar
Unset CFQ IO scheduler
Unthrottle download manager
nesur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2013, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

Really the first patch I normally install is the disable light bar patch.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0