1.    #1  
    I recently bought a brand new palm pre 2 after using a palm pre plus for the last 2 years and being very happy. I am very disappointed with this new phone. There is no amazon mp3 app and no yellow pages app.Those were the 2 apps I used most. I also can not get my app catalog to load. I get a try again later message everytime I try to open it. I am not a computer expert and do not understand coding or computer lingo at all but can follow simple step by step instructions. How can I get my app catalog to open and is there a way to install amazon mp3 and yellow pages?
    Try Doctoring it. Is the phone branded the same as the carrier you were using before? Some of those apps may be carrier specific.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Try Doctoring it. Is the phone branded the same as the carrier you were using before? Some of those apps may be carrier specific.
    I use straight talk and its an unlocked phone. The app catalog worked before when I had at&t so I think switching to straight talk is my problem. I just switched to straight talk yesterday and thats when this problem started. I do not know what doctoring means or how to do it. Please explain to me how to doctor it.
    Last edited by nickysduck2; 03/02/2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Amazon MP3 and Yellow Pages are AT&T firmtware (AKA bloatware).

You won't get them on a GSM Factory Unlocked Pre 2. You can tell it's the unlocked version due to lack of carrier logo on the back.

New to Straight Talk, eh?

Do you have a data connection? Next to your signal bars does it say 3G (or 2G even)??? Or is it blank?

If you have the Straight Talk SIM in an unlocked phone you will get voice, but not data automatically. You may need to update your APN and MMS settings... Do you have the AT&T style SIM?

Tap the Phone Icon > Tap the App Menu pulldown (upper left of screen) > Preferences and Accounts

Scroll down the list. Near the bottom is an On/Off switch for Manual Settings > Turn that On

Edit Manual Settings appears > Tap that

Internet APN is the highlighted tab. If you have an AT&T compatible SIM then these are your settings:

Internet APN > att.mvno
    Leave username and password blank
    Tap Change Settings > You get an error message >Tap Set Up Anyway

Now tap the MMS APN tab

MMS APN > att.mvno
    Leave username and password blank
    MMSC > http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMSC Proxy > 66.209.11.33:80
    Max Size > 600
    Tap Change Settings > You get an error message >Tap Set Up Anyway

If you have a T-Mo compatible SIM try these settings:
    APN > wap.tracfone
    MMSC > http://mmsc.tracfone.com
    Leave all else blank...

Note that I've never tried a T-Mo compatible SIM so I got those settings from Support | Straight Talk
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    I have data and changed the apn settings when I switched to straight talk. It says 3g at the top and I have no problems searching online and using email, facebook ect. My app catalog still won't load though. I put my straight talk sim in my old palm pre plus phone to see if the app catalog would load in my old phone and it loaded fine so I think the problem is just with my new palm pre 2. Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickysduck2 View Post
    I have data and changed the apn settings when I switched to straight talk. It says 3g at the top and I have no problems searching online and using email, facebook ect. My app catalog still won't load though. I put my straight talk sim in my old palm pre plus phone to see if the app catalog would load in my old phone and it loaded fine so I think the problem is just with my new palm pre 2. Thanks for the help!
    Did you ever figure it out mine is doing the same thing