webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > [Solved] Previous owner's telephone number appearing in my palm profile
[Solved] Previous owner's telephone number appearing in my palm profile

Old 02/15/2013, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

I just got a palm pre 2 off ebay after my original palm pre was stolen. I did a full secure erase, the original owner having not removed his original data, I put my O2 sim in and entered my original profile details. My apps etc were restored to my new pre 2. Great. However, when I checked my palm profile, the telephone number was from the previous owner, not mine! Can anyone help me so I can get my own number on my profile? Will I have to doctor my phone or will the profile always keep the wrong number on it?

Many thanks.
hnnrs1092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

i know i can have as many touchpads/tablets on my profile as i want, but i thought i'd read somewhere (could be old/obsolete info ofc) that we could only have 1 phone on our profile and that old stuff got overwritten with new? maybe the old number on your profile will just get erased when your new one is used.

doctoring certainly wouldnt hurt at a guess, unless you cant/dont want to lose some stuff on your phone, i'd wait tho until people who have done so pitch in with help, im only guessing.
Old 02/15/2013, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnnrs1092 View Post
Hi,

I just got a palm pre 2 off ebay after my original palm pre was stolen. I did a full secure erase, the original owner having not removed his original data, I put my O2 sim in and entered my original profile details. My apps etc were restored to my new pre 2. Great. However, when I checked my palm profile, the telephone number was from the previous owner, not mine! Can anyone help me so I can get my own number on my profile? Will I have to doctor my phone or will the profile always keep the wrong number on it?

Many thanks.
Phone number is set via settings in device profile, and is only set once during first palm profile association.

To fix use impostah, use it to Reset the Palm Profile, then do not reboot click Cancel (or your apps/data will be wiped), use Activation and re-activate your device with the existing Palm Profile, it will reset the Phone Number to the existing one in the SIM...

If this does not work, use impostah to device override the phone number with the one you want...

Remember if the device is stolen/lost or something, it will send an SMS destroy command to the number on file in the palm profile...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 04:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Many thanks. I used impostah as suggested, though I did have to override with my number to get it changed on my profile. Thanks again for your help.
hnnrs1092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Isn't the override only local?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0