webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Pre2 Email Just Spins
Pre2 Email Just Spins

Old 02/02/2013, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Folks,

I've tried to search for this topic but to no avail. I have a Pre2 at 2.1.0 on Verizon. The email was working ok until the other day. It just started to spin like it was syncing but it doesn't stop spinning. Also, I can't load any emails prior to Feb1.

I have removed and re-added the account (Comcast). I have done a partial and full erase but nothing seems to work.

This account works on my laptop and on my Touchpad just fine. I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
JJCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Possibly/hopefully just a server issue with the email's mobile pop3....

Happened a couple of times with Yahoo in the last couple of years...

if this is it, is should clear up after a while... Yahoo usually came back within the same day or a few.

But since I'm not on Verizon, I'm guessing since it just sounds similar.
Old 02/03/2013, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have noticed this with my AOL accounts behaving erratic lately. Sometimes it just spins and a luna restart or just restarting the app fixes it.

Also it seems the notifications are not coming in immediately and sometimes not at all. So I have gotten into the habit of checking manually.

Who know what's going on
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Just tested this again and luna restart does fix it but only first time I launch the app

Does anyone know if there is a server at palm between the phone and the email provider, and if so who do we complain to?

Last edited by laingman; 02/03/2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02/03/2013, 01:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
Folks,

I've tried to search for this topic but to no avail. I have a Pre2 at 2.1.0 on Verizon. The email was working ok until the other day. It just started to spin like it was syncing but it doesn't stop spinning. Also, I can't load any emails prior to Feb1.

I have removed and re-added the account (Comcast). I have done a partial and full erase but nothing seems to work.

This account works on my laptop and on my Touchpad just fine. I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Check to make sure there are no unsent messages in your outbox.
RRaburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 06:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRaburn View Post
Check to make sure there are no unsent messages in your outbox.
I just sent a test email and it sent and was received but now I only have emails received today in the Inbox! Strange.
Old 02/03/2013, 07:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Also, I doctored it last night but no change in this behavior.
Old 02/03/2013, 07:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

One more thing... With the email card open, I tap the upper right corner and it says, "Not Yet Updated". That's odd.
Old 02/03/2013, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sometimes it spins and stops, sometimes not. Can't figure it out. Also spins long time retrieving email text and sometimes fails

Last edited by laingman; 02/03/2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02/03/2013, 11:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Interesting thing... I found 2 emails that didn't show up any where but the comcast.net web page view of my email. One was for Match.com and one for a automobile offer. I deleted those completely and voila, it freed up my email. It started flowing in! Go figure!
Old 02/04/2013, 11:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
Interesting thing... I found 2 emails that didn't show up any where but the comcast.net web page view of my email. One was for Match.com and one for a automobile offer. I deleted those completely and voila, it freed up my email. It started flowing in! Go figure!
Sounds like they had some sort of vicious code embedded it them...probably something trying to force a pop-up or something.

And now that you mention it, I think I did come across something similar a long while back... didn't think of it until you mentioned it.

Glad that all is fine for you again!
Old 02/04/2013, 05:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thank you. It's odd those emails didn't even come up in SPAM folders. Strange.
Old 02/09/2013, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

UPDATE. The cause of the problem with Comcast email has been consistent. When there are junk emails on Comcast.net, it causes my Pre2 to just spin. These emails don't even show up in my MS Live Mail app on my laptop. I have to go into the web email view to delete them and the my Pre2 email works again. Odd....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0