webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Pre 2 on Verizon missing calls and texts
Pre 2 on Verizon missing calls and texts
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes

Old 01/28/2013, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? We have already turned it off and then back on - it seem to help but for less than 24 hours.
Old 01/28/2013, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had the text problem (I'm now using a Pre 3) as does my son-both Pre 2 on Verizon. I had to reset daily to minimize it, but it was still a frequent problem. I could send sms, but not receive. Never had a problem with phone calls.
Old 01/28/2013, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
I had the text problem (I'm now using a Pre 3) as does my son-both Pre 2 on Verizon. I had to reset daily to minimize it, but it was still a frequent problem. I could send sms, but not receive. Never had a problem with phone calls.
I think that it might be Verizon Wireless having this problem with WebOS phones, I've had that tiny issue with my Pre 2. Sometimes I have missed calls and messages on my Pre 2, however my phone never rang/notified me.
Old 01/30/2013, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never had a problem here. Been activated and used on Verizon going on 2 years with Pre 2.
jccjmml7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm missing texts sometimes, but never calls. It's very annoying and haven't found a fix yet...
Babywipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babywipez View Post
I'm missing texts sometimes, but never calls. It's very annoying and haven't found a fix yet...
Sad thing is that many of us in Verizon are stuck in this old version of WebOS 2.1, which makes it difficult to know if the newer version of WebOS 2.2.4 fixes those bugs.
Old 02/20/2013, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Sad thing is that many of us in Verizon are stuck in this old version of WebOS 2.1, which makes it difficult to know if the newer version of WebOS 2.2.4 fixes those bugs.
Nobody is stuck... Use meta doctor to create a Verizon Pre2 doctor. I made the script as close as stock based on Pre3 (Verizon). I still have the issue under my PrePlus with webOS 2.2.4, but I restart (preset reset), and update my prl every morning (*22891), and have not had an issue sense.
John Steffes is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by scjjtt likes this.
Old 02/21/2013, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't want to argue with your words of not being stuck or not with v2.1.....but verizon users are in the twilight zone with v2.2.4 which I always wished it was delivered via OTA by HP themselves. From the word 'doctor' things sounds far too complicated than usual way than installing a patch or homebrew.
Old 02/21/2013, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Never had a problem with texts on my Pre2, but when I try to answer phone calls they sometimes instantly disconnect, especially if the slider is already open and I tap the green button to answer. This is just over the last few months.
3snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

My daughter is using a pre2 on pageplus a Verizon mvno and her texts are often out of sequence. Stock OS image.

- Sent using Tapatalk
UncleVanya is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0