Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Some time ago I installed the "SMS vibrate to Two Seconds" patch from Preware and since then the phone always vibrates when a message is received, even when I disable vibration in the options, it can't be turned off and I tried everything.

Does anyone have an idea how to remove the stuck 2 second patch? I want to be able to put my phone in silent mode, drives me crazy when the buzzing wakes me up in the middle of the night

If I try to install any of the other vibrating patches (half or one second) I get the following error:

Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    10 11036 10 1107 0 0 1210 0 0:00:09 --:--:-- 0:00:09 1708
    100 11036 100 11036 0 0 10233 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 13574
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-vibrate-to-half-second
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-vibrate-to-half-second.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $remove$
    $Removing$ $package$ $org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$messaging$-$sms$-$vibrate$-$to$-$half$-$second$ $from$ $root$...
    ($offline$ $root$ $mode$: $not$ $running$ $org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$messaging$-$sms$-$vibrate$-$to$-$half$-$second$.$prerm$)
    $delete$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $failed$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    Last edited by Babywipez; 02/17/2013 at 10:25 AM.
    have you tried uninstalling with webOS quick installer?

just in case you haven't, download/install WOSQI and see if it's still listed as an installed patch. you should be able to check the box and click uninstall. good luck
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Unfortunately this didn't help.. First I couldn't find the patch in the installed patches list, so I installed and uninstalled it with WOSQI, but the issue still remains. If I try to install another vibrate patch using Preware I get the same error.

Very annoying because I can't mute my phone, the two second buzzing is pretty loud. And often I will not receive texts or get mixed up texts with previous ones that have been deleted. Trying not to smash it against my head

Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    have you tried uninstalling with webOS quick installer?

just in case you haven't, download/install WOSQI and see if it's still listed as an installed patch. you should be able to check the box and click uninstall. good luck
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I found a solution and posting here in case someone else ever needs it

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post

STEPS:

1. In Preware, choose dropdown menu in upper left corner, choose "Saved Package List". Then press "Update" button.

2. In Preware, download/run "Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) and follow instructions. (To locate EPR, search Preware's list of everything on keyword "emergency").

3. Reboot device.

4. In Preware, choose "Saved Package List" once again. Press "Install All" button.

5. Then I was able to install Muffle System Logging 3.0.2-23 patch
    Found here:
    Muffle System Logging - stuck patch! How to remove a single patch?
    You could have just copied the .webosinternals.orig file back into the patched file.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You could have just copied the .webosinternals.orig file back into the patched file.
    Didn't know that but thanks, I'm just happy it's solved now