webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Battery life.... still going after 0%
Battery life.... still going after 0%

Old 12/30/2012, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Might as well be active in this forum, as I keep hitting items that I can't find info about.

First, the situation: My original battery is getting old

The interesting part:

It dies fast, or so it believes itself to be dead.... my phone has now been on a 0% life left on battery for over an hour, and I've been playing music (using speaker) on it to aggravate the situation.

With Dr. Battery I have

Capacity left = 0mAh
Temp = 28C
Voltage = 3.59V
Current = -141.01 mA

The health tab gives me:

83%
Man. rating = 1183 mAh
Calc left = 982 mAh

So I'm awaiting the power to reach 3.413 V for the recalibration now, but it's been fluctuating now and then but finally appears stable and slowly going down.

I'm figuring that this battery is at least 1.5 years old, probably 2+ years, as I did get this phone used, so I would believe that this sort of thing must be normal when the battery gets this old and has been used enough, but it's still a bit strange to state 0% when there's quite a bit of power left.
Old 12/30/2012, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah, mine did the same thing. 1.5 yrs out of a battery is pretty good. Time for a new one.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just finished the calibration... from 83 % (982mAh), it's now saying 50% and 592mAh...

That is just whack...

Oh well, I did get a few new batteries already.

But still funny that for the last month after I returned to this battery (I have another that I had switched too for a few weeks prior) I've been getting through my days anyways (not a big user during work days, mostly a few calls and a few checks on the emails and such), but a few times, out of the blue, it would become very low almost instantly.

I guess once they get old enough, they do become a bit erratic.
Old 12/31/2012, 08:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Here's what to do:

1. Go to home depot
2. buy a lawn chair, and a cooler
3. stop at convenience store
4. buy ice, and beer

It won't help with your battery problem, but at least you'll be able to deal with it better, and you'll have something to do for the new year!

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
Just finished the calibration... from 83 % (982mAh), it's now saying 50% and 592mAh...

That is just whack...

Oh well, I did get a few new batteries already.

But still funny that for the last month after I returned to this battery (I have another that I had switched too for a few weeks prior) I've been getting through my days anyways (not a big user during work days, mostly a few calls and a few checks on the emails and such), but a few times, out of the blue, it would become very low almost instantly.

I guess once they get old enough, they do become a bit erratic.
i just ran dr. battery calibrations on my 4 old batteries since i just got two new ones.
3 of the 4 report an actual capacity of only half now as well. two of them have that 'swollen' feel. the guy who made that app has some great articles analyzing the handling and charging of lithium batteries, if you're looking for some add'l info on that.

try to avoid those grey labeled batts with the Palm hologram. I'm pretty sure they're all actually bootlegs and burn out faster. my black labeled batts that say only PALM on one side, have been more reliable. but this is only my experience with 3 of each. i have no proof to back that theory up.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0