webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > help! i can't find my photo folder
help! i can't find my photo folder

Old 12/27/2012, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

when in usb mode connected to my computer trying to export some of my photos, i couldn't find the photo folder. i checked thru each folder, but none of my photos were there.
any ideas?
pixigirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

webOS can source photos from anywhere on the USB partition, so if you're copying photos to your phone feel free to leave them anywhere. As for your original files, I don't know where they might be (because they could be anywhere). If you're willing to install additional software, I can help you find it.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Look for the DCIM folder................

Mike
MikePalmPrePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

i would be willing to install something if it would help. thanks!
Old 12/28/2012, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePalmPrePlus View Post
Look for the DCIM folder................

Mike
/media/internal/DCIM

inside there is typically 2 folders, both start with numbers and have PALM after the numbers, 1 will be your photo's the other your videos.
Old 12/28/2012, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixigirl3 View Post
i would be willing to install something if it would help. thanks!
From Preware, install Impostah. Open Impostah, and tap on Databases. From the list of database kinds, pick 'media.image.album:1'. Tap Query, and tap on any of the items in the list. Look for an item named "path", and that will be the folder some of your photos will be in (/media/internal being the USB partition). Repeat if you'd like to find more. It the path is "camera://", that means there are files in the camera folder, location is as mentioned above.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

yeah! i found my photos. thanks to all who answered my call for help.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0