webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Is Pandora for webOS gone?
Is Pandora for webOS gone?
Like Tree6Likes

Old 12/23/2012, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

**update - my latest pandora issue is at the end of this thread. please go to the last post and maybe you can help me?

i just tried to dl Pandora from the HP app cat, and it's not there.

no Pandora? this new frankenpre has 2.1.0. do i have to do something tricky like dupe the catalog into thinking i have 1.4.5?

or is the app gone?

Bueller?

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 01/03/2013 at 12:42 PM.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just checked on my Veer and my TouchPad - it's still available.
George Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
Just checked on my Veer and my TouchPad - it's still available.
i can't find any place to download it for my new frankenpre running 2.1.0. not at the pandora site, not at the hp catalog. not available when i try to email the link to my phone and go in from there.

is it because of the version 2.1.0?

pandora without ads is one of the primary reasons i've stuck with webOS.
Old 12/24/2012, 11:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just downloaded it on 2.2.4.. I will check my Pre+ on 2.1 in a bit.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I just downloaded it on 2.2.4.. I will check my Pre+ on 2.1 in a bit.
wow, thanx for the report!! i may as well just bump the new Franken up to 2.2.4, and consider the matter closed.

any reasons not to?
Old 12/24/2012, 12:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't have any complaints, but I've never run 2.1 on this FrankenPre (I did build a meta-doctor for it just in case I wanted to do it). With 2.2.4 you can share SMS with the Touchpad if you have one. It has been a long time since I read the release notes to know what other bugfixes or enhancements are in 2.2.4.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Old 12/24/2012, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm running a FrankenPre2 with 2.2.4 and just checked the App Catalog. Pandora is still there (just downloaded it).
EDIT: just realized they already confirmed that for you. LOL

I've run several versions of 2.x on my device (many not released when we were running Betas for HP) and the only issue I have with 2.2.4 is that they didn't fix the fonts in the browser before releasing. Webpage scaling is too small to read, while the previous versions had this correct. Outside of that, no issues I can think of now.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/24/2012 at 12:42 PM.
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: TJs11thPre
Old 12/24/2012, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

I was able to see and install Pandora on two different 2.1 devices (a Pre + and Pre 2) on different profiles.
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Old 12/24/2012, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I was able to see and install Pandora on two different 2.1 devices (a Pre + and Pre 2) on different profiles.
hmm... when i search 'pandora' the only thing that comes up in the search results is the app "people of note".
Old 12/24/2012, 10:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Apollo is also available in alpha on the Pre 2/Veer. We're not currently doing Apollo stuff/support, but you're welcome to get in on that.
Jake_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TJs11thPre likes this.
Old 12/24/2012, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
Apollo is also available in alpha on the Pre 2/Veer. We're not currently doing Apollo stuff/support, but you're welcome to get in on that.
i looked for that too, but i'm not seeing apollo available to download either. i'm looking in the HP app. cat, and in preware.

thanx for chiming in Jake. i was loving using apollo when i had the Pre3.

i'll keep digging. i don't have anything else to do tomorrow anyway.
Old 12/25/2012, 07:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'm not a Pandora user but I am running 2.1 on my Verizon Pre2 and I just checked the app catalog. Its there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
I'm not a Pandora user but I am running 2.1 on my Verizon Pre2 and I just checked the app catalog. Its there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
thanx for confirming this also. there must be something wrong with my phone, if i can't see it. i will have to figure out what to do. i dont know if it's redoctoring or impostah-ing, or what, but i'll figure it out somehow.

at least you all are giving me hope, that the app is still out there and i just have to find out how to make the phone reach it. that's a huge help, because i was pretty bummed thinking that Pandora finally pulled the plug on webOS too.

thanx y'all. i'll keep working on it!!
Old 12/25/2012, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Was your phone new or previously activated? Do you have access to paid apps? Seems unlikely but I was wondering if it was activated in a different country.

Old 12/25/2012, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Was your phone new or previously activated? Do you have access to paid apps? Seems unlikely but I was wondering if it was activated in a different country.
the phone was definitely active before. when i got it, it still had the p.o's info in it, and his apps too. they were just cleared out, but not erased.

HOWEVER, i just checked, and - NO I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO PAID APPS!

how did you know? what does that mean????????????

but i doctored it with a 103ueuna....hey wait a minute. this doctor says "wr" in it. i may have used the wrong doctor here. hmmmm...i have like 6 or 7 different doctors in my downloads folder and i was trying to remember which one some generous person here shared with me. i think i did the wrong one! maybe i should re-doctor with this sprint-pre-pre-sprint one that doesn't have a number and looks more home-made.

wow thanx for this clue! now i'm wondering if i should be doing some kinda git-clobber thing i read about that is said to really clean up the file folders. but i'm afraid of losing the sprint comm data and having to swap the boards again.

come on brain, work! ugh i swear my brain has been replaced with a head of cauliflower. i have to work on this later, unfortunately. i have to get up early and try to get my truck to a shop to find out what this new squealing noise is before it grenades. sounds like a water pump or alternator pully. always something.
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 12/26/2012, 12:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
the phone was definitely active before. when i got it, it still had the p.o's info in it, and his apps too. they were just cleared out, but not erased.

HOWEVER, i just checked, and - NO I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO PAID APPS!

how did you know? what does that mean????????????

but i doctored it with a 103ueuna....hey wait a minute. this doctor says "wr" in it. i may have used the wrong doctor here. hmmmm...i have like 6 or 7 different doctors in my downloads folder and i was trying to remember which one some generous person here shared with me. i think i did the wrong one! maybe i should re-doctor with this sprint-pre-pre-sprint one that doesn't have a number and looks more home-made.

wow thanx for this clue! now i'm wondering if i should be doing some kinda git-clobber thing i read about that is said to really clean up the file folders. but i'm afraid of losing the sprint comm data and having to swap the boards again.

come on brain, work! ugh i swear my brain has been replaced with a head of cauliflower. i have to work on this later, unfortunately. i have to get up early and try to get my truck to a shop to find out what this new squealing noise is before it grenades. sounds like a water pump or alternator pully. always something.
no.

i just checked the webos internals list, and it does say that for the pre2, v. 2.1.0, the name is 103ueuna-wr. that's what i ran. ok i'm going to try this git clobber whatever. first i have to figure out how and where to run that. i still cant figure out if i have to be in ubuntu, or WOSQI to run that command.
Old 12/26/2012, 12:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

eu and wr?

I think that's a european doctor you're using...

See here: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

The US Pre2 v. 2.1.0 doctors have a different name, but i'm not sure which list you are referring to and why a european doctor is necessary...

And this explains why you can't see Pandora... it's the catalog geo-restrictions
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 01:39 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
eu and wr?

I think that's a european doctor you're using...

See here: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

The US Pre2 v. 2.1.0 doctors have a different name, but i'm not sure which list you are referring to and why a european doctor is necessary...

And this explains why you can't see Pandora... it's the catalog geo-restrictions
well, that's what i was thinking too. but that list of webos doctor versions, doesn't include one for a FrankenPre.

so i'm following what's in the instructions here:
WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
and scrolling down to where it says "Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 ".

that part indicates using a script line like this: ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.2.4
but i've been suggested to use 2.1.0 instead of 2.2.4 and that will work too. so i'm actually in ubuntu now, WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW WAS JUST A LINUX version of Windows, and i finally found the TERMINAL app under ACCESSORIES, and found where i'm supposed to type "git pull" and "make clobber"; and then i pasted in the script line for 2.1.0.

and sure enough, it's making something, and saving to a file that's the exact same name as the doctor that i already used, called p103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar

so it appears i'm building the same doctor i already had installed once.

HOWEVER, it just got done trying to save itgit, and says 'no space left on device'. i dont know what the heck that means. my computer certainly does not have a full hard drive. so it says error 1, then it self make clobbered. is it because i'm logged in as a guest? because to be an admin, it's asking for a password, which i have no idea what it could be, on my own computer, which i would not have set a password on? argh!

so now i dont know whether to try to build it again, or try to run the one i had in windows again.

NONE OF THIS STUFF MAKES SENSE!

and again i'm up 'til 2:30 am working on phones, with no clue what i'm doing.

....and it's 4am now, and i'm still going. i redoctored with the file i had, but no paid apps in the cat. however, i did a manual update check, and it's offering me 2.2.4 OTA. so i'm letting it install. if this does not free up the paid apps, i am going to bed and trying again tomorrow. this phone is so frustrating!!! i must certainly love webOS to go through all this, and it's not the first time! (don't read my thread history. i've rediscovered a bunch of my old comments from the first time i made this phone a Franken, and well, i really am insane in the mem-brain!

ooh! it's done downloading. install, install....what will happen when it wakes up from reboot?????? penguin....installing....oh. this is the slooow circle around icon. come on.....25%....go go!

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/26/2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 12/26/2012, 04:32 AM   #19 (permalink)

ok, it's now 5:30am, i've been up all night working on this phone and reading threads here.

what i've read is that if i cannot get to the paid apps, then this phone must have been first activated in some other country, and so i'm never going to get pandora on it.

this makes no sense. i've had Pandora on both of these phones before. it's the board from my original Franken which had pandora. and the comm board from my pre-, which had Pandora the only thing new is the screen!

i just sold my Pre3, to buy a Pre2 so i could fix my Franken Pre; worked for 2 days straight thru christmas alone to try to program this phone; i finally have it up and running on 2.2.4, and my SOLE PURPOSE WAS JUST TO HAVE A WEBOS PHONE WITH PANDORA RUNNING DECENTLY. but apparently this is too much to ask.

I am one thin nerve from smashing this phone with a hammer.

ok. last resort. i am redoctoring with the 102 verizon version. maybe it's the doctor version. i'm going to bed. hopefully when i wake up in two hrs this phone will surprise me.

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/26/2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12/26/2012, 05:27 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
ok, it's now 5:30am, i've been up all night working on this phone and reading threads here.

what i've read is that if i cannot get to the paid apps, then this phone must have been first activated in some other country, and so i'm never going to get pandora on it.

this makes no sense. i've had Pandora on both of these phones before. it's the board from my original Franken which had pandora. and the comm board from my pre-, which had Pandora the only thing new is the screen!

i just sold my Pre3, to buy a Pre2 so i could fix my Franken Pre; worked for 2 days straight thru christmas alone to try to program this phone; i finally have it up and running on 2.2.4, and my SOLE PURPOSE WAS JUST TO HAVE A WEBOS PHONE WITH PANDORA RUNNING DECENTLY. but apparently this is too much to ask.

I am one thin nerve from smashing this phone with a hammer.

ok. last resort. i am redoctoring with the 102 verizon version. maybe it's the doctor version. i'm going to bed. hopefully when i wake up in two hrs this phone will surprise me.
and that didn't work either.
i'm putting the comm board back in the pre-.

i give up. i hate this phone now.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0