webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Is Pandora for webOS gone?
Is Pandora for webOS gone?
Like Tree6Likes

Old 12/26/2012, 08:28 AM   #21 (permalink)

I'd be curious to know what Impostah shows about your device profile. Now that I think about it, since you just swapped the screens, it shouldn't matter where the donor was activated first, as the device info in the catalog would be from either your Sprint Pre or your first Pre2, not the one you just bought for the screen. The only reason I can recall not having paid app access is if a phone was first activated in a non-supported country, so it is perplexing.

Really hate to see you give up.. I'm sure you do to.

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: TJs11thPre
Old 12/26/2012, 12:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I'd be curious to know what Impostah shows about your device profile. Now that I think about it, since you just swapped the screens, it shouldn't matter where the donor was activated first, as the device info in the catalog would be from either your Sprint Pre or your first Pre2, not the one you just bought for the screen. The only reason I can recall not having paid app access is if a phone was first activated in a non-supported country, so it is perplexing.

Really hate to see you give up.. I'm sure you do to.
I am going to keep working on it. I'll have to install impostah later, and I'll post some screen shots of the profile info there. The only other thing I can think of, is to reinstall the main board that came with the donor phone, and try to build the franken with that. A brain transplant! Haha

at least I have learned that I can Doctor with either the 103ueuna that is specified for the sprint-Verizon franken, or use the 102 verizon doctor, and I'm still working on sprint. Data, sms with and w/o pics, and google chat n mail sync is working. I don't understand why no paid apps though.

and what's really aggravating is I cannot even go to the pandora site. It recognizes I'm on webos and redirects me to go to go to the app cat.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 02:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Well, you're doing this on Christmas, while there's no one here to help you... if you'd just wait for the regulars to come back, they'll set the picture straight and explain to us what needs to be done..

I understand your frustration, i just think it's strange that you're doing such a difficult procedure while nobody is available to help. Just relax, give it a day or two and then have someone guide you through the process
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 02:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Pandora is only available for the US. Are you in the US? Are you using your own Palm Profile? If you need to, you can temporarily change the App Catalog country using my country changer (see link in sig). App Catalog does not care what ROM you're using. It uses the country indicated by the Palm Profile to display the right list.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 03:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

@ Remy: Christmas is when i had free time. i didn't have anywhere to go, and i knew work nor anyone else would be calling me. i didn't think i'd need as much help as it's turned out i do.

@ GM: thanx man! this may work. i'll give it a try.

@ Matt: i just had a chance to install impostah and look at the profile and account data. it says paid apps = false, and my country code is AT! ME NOR ANY OF MY PHONES HAVE BEEN TO AUSTRIA!!! i don't know what to make of that!! crazy.

why would the country be wrong? and is there no way to blow that out and get it back to US? it makes no sense to me.

i'm going to redoctor it, because i last used a VZN doctor, and it didn't help me any either, so i'd rather rid the VZN territorial marking and put sprint back in, since that's what i'm on.

anything in particular i should post from the Impostah data that may be a clue as to why it is acting the way it is?
Old 12/27/2012, 03:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
[snip]
@ Matt: i just had a chance to install impostah and look at the profile and account data. it says paid apps = false, and my country code is AT! ME NOR ANY OF MY PHONES HAVE BEEN TO AUSTRIA!!! i don't know what to make of that!! crazy.

why would the country be wrong? and is there no way to blow that out and get it back to US? it makes no sense to me.
It's because of the european doctor that was used for the franken build. I'm not exactly sure why they had to choose that, but it's definitely european...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 03:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Pandora is only available for the US. Are you in the US? Are you using your own Palm Profile? If you need to, you can temporarily change the App Catalog country using my country changer (see link in sig). App Catalog does not care what ROM you're using. It uses the country indicated by the Palm Profile to display the right list.
holy moley.

THIS TOTALLY WORKED. GMman, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I AM DONATING IMMEDIATELY at your thread for this.

You just made my whole week, and the best christmas present i could ask for.
Old 12/27/2012, 03:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

wow. i think i found why the country wasn't set to US.

i just went to donate via paypal. before i could, i had to finish changing my primary bank acct. which i had initiated changing last week. i had to log into my email acct to get the little deposit amounts which verify the new acct. and what do you know: there was an email in there waiting for me to VERIFY MY WEBOS ACCOUNT. it asked two questions, where i bought the phone, and IN WHAT COUNTRY.

APPARENTLY I HAD NOT SET MY COUNTRY AS U.S. YET.

regardless, GMMan's app did exactly what it was supposed to do, and it was simple to get the info through WOSQI, without any ubuntu nonsense. as soon as the app sent the change, i checked Impostah and sure enough the country code was already updated. so it was definitely worth making the donation anyway, and it's money well spent to support someone who still supports webOS.

thanx so much, GM, for a simple app WITH SIMPLE, EASILY FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDING SIMPLE ERROR INTERPRETATION (like that i put my email in wrong the first time)

i'm so happy right now. i might redoctor with the sprint doc, get this VZN crap off my phone, and install pandora and not mess with the phone for at least a week.

then i'll start putting on some menu patches. lol
Liked by GMMan and Remy X like this.
Old 12/27/2012, 04:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

@TJs11thPre: Thanks to you too for the donation (very generous) and also the additional information on why so many people had their country set to AT. I'll keep that in mind the next time someone say they can't access paid apps.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 03:26 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
It's because of the european doctor that was used for the franken build. I'm not exactly sure why they had to choose that, but it's definitely european...
well, here's something odd i just discovered:

the webosinternals list of doctors, DOES indicate that for the unlocked Pre2, the doctor version IS p103ueuna-wr. There's even a note that Palm updated the designation, so it appears to me they combined them into one Dr. for EU, NA, and ROW.

the version available to download through the link there reads like this:
version 2.1.0 http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...03ueuna-wr.jar (P102UEU/P102UNA,ROW)

but what's odd to me, is i just checked the size of that file, vs. the size of the doctor I used, and mine is 183,690kb while the one above is 192,631kb. so i downloaded it to compare the Build designation cited, and they're identical: 109.108, 2/26/11. I WONDER WHAT I'M MISSING??? it will have to remain a mystery since i just OTA updated to 2.2.4 and i'm leaving it ALONE.

BUT, if anyone wants to dissect these two doctors, I'll send them to you in a zip file and you can compare them, if that's possible.

but it DOES appear that IS the doctor to use for a Sprint FrankenPre, if you're not going to build your own meta-doctor via Ubuntu, which I cannot even figure out how to log into as more than a GUEST. i'm going to update my latest Franken build thread with that info for future "mad scientists" wishing to follow this route.

in the end, it SEEMS that the country desig. defaulted to AT, possibly the first nation code available alphabetically?, until i completed the confirmation email for creating the new Palm Profile. But GMMan's nation changer app can also overcome that issue; that I have tested successfully.

AND SO, my newly restored FrankenPre2, with the screen from one phone, mainboard from a 2nd, and comm board from a 3rd, has just completed OTA updating to 2.2.4, synching to my gmails and hotmail, AND logging into MY PANDORA ACCT.

i will sleep well tonight. (for 3 hrs. doh!)
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 12/28/2012, 08:30 AM   #31 (permalink)

aye caramba...

it's a never-ending battle, but at least i'm making progress.

TODAY I AM WORKING SOLO IN THE OFFICE, as i'm the only one on-duty for the last day of the Christmas week, where 99% of the office all week, except us grunts in the trenches keeping businesses safe from hackers. knowing i'd be alone, i stayed up all night to get Pandora running so I could wear my BT headset around the lab. (i image and ship servers)

IT KEEPS PAUSING WITH :59 SECONDS LEFT IN THE SONG!! it's done it a dozen times already, since 8am.

at one point, the audio playing wasn't coming thru to the lit BT connection at all, until i made a VM check. The call audio fed directly to the headset as it should; then music audio resumed normally also as it should. Is that some BT issue anyone's experienced and found a solution for??

IT MUST BE AN ISSUE WITH webOS 2.2.4, because this is EXACTLY what was happening with the Pre3, and one of the contributing factors to selling that model. So experiencing it with the Pre2 is a real b-buster. (i wonder if rolling back to 2.2.1 would help)

THERE MUST BE A WAY TO RESOLVE THIS.

i'm going to do these tests and post results:
-- does it pause when the phone is in exhibition mode on the TStone, or only when it's allowed to snooze to black screen?
--does it pause only when audio is to BT headset, or does it do it also when i connect a soundbar via 3.5mm jack?

right now it's on the stone, with the Exhibition "blurry grass" TIME screen. we'll see how long before it pauses again. So far, so good through 4 songs.
Old 12/28/2012, 08:43 AM   #32 (permalink)

it just paused, at :58 seconds left in the song. so Exhibition mode had no effect while in BT mode.

NEXT TEST: connect a soundbar via 3.5mm jack and see if it pauses with BT STILL ACTIVE.

Plugging in immediately "steals" the audio from the BT connection, but the BT symbol is still lit.
Unplugging immediately pushes audio right back to BT. (earlier it was not making this 'swap', until I made that VM call and somehow "woke up BT" again)

it is in Exhibition mode, w/ Time in the blurry grass. let's see how far we get.
Old 12/28/2012, 08:58 AM   #33 (permalink)

it's already paused, again at :59 seconds remaining.

NEXT TEST: disconnect the BT, and resume audio only through the soundbar via 3.5mm jack. i'll close Pandora, shut down BT completely, and restart, then let it go into Exhibition mode.

what sucks about this is, somewhere here there may already be a solution posted for this, but dang if there's enough hours in the day to sift through all the BT-related threads here. TMI for sure.

here we go!
Old 12/28/2012, 09:32 AM   #34 (permalink)

AND there's our pause at :59 seconds remaining.

so it appears to have nothing to do with BT, since I confirmed BT was off, no devices connected, at least as reported in the BT prefs.

WHAT SHOULD I CHECK NEXT?

ok, TEST 4:
i am going to try to keep the app 'alive', as in waking it up every time it goes to exhibition. or finding a way to keep it alive, maybe by opening the preferences menu and leaving it open, or extending the screen lock timeout to the max 3mins as well.

-- neither opening the Pandora's prefs menu, nor extending the screen lock timeout to 3 mins, has any affect on delaying Exhib mode from kicking in. Exhib is persistent at trying to resume at 30 seconds. since it hasn't inhibited the "pause issue", i'll turn Exhib OFF. and then delay the screen lock to 3mins.

well, you can't turn Exhib off. i guess i'll have to remove it from the TStone to stop it. here goes...

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/28/2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12/28/2012, 10:07 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
AND there's our pause at :59 seconds remaining.

so it appears to have nothing to do with BT, since I confirmed BT was off, no devices connected, at least as reported in the BT prefs.

WHAT SHOULD I CHECK NEXT?

ok, TEST 4:
i am going to try to keep the app 'alive', as in waking it up every time it goes to exhibition. or finding a way to keep it alive, maybe by opening the preferences menu and leaving it open, or extending the screen lock timeout to the max 3mins as well.

-- neither opening the Pandora's prefs menu, nor extending the screen lock timeout to 3 mins, has any affect on delaying Exhib mode from kicking in. Exhib is persistent at trying to resume at 30 seconds. since it hasn't inhibited the "pause issue", i'll turn Exhib OFF. and then delay the screen lock to 3mins.

well, you can't turn Exhib off. i guess i'll have to remove it from the TStone to stop it. here goes...
I recently got a Pre 3, but had noticed the same issues on my Pre 2 as well.
Try this...

Pandora issues

I installed this patch on my Pre 3 and so far, Pandora has been running well without any pausing...
ArigatoMrTalboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TJs11thPre likes this.
Old 12/28/2012, 10:33 AM   #36 (permalink)

APPARENTLY SLEEPING HAS NO AFFECT ON IT EITHER.

i just watched the song stop at :57 seconds. it was playing, with album art displayed, and it just paused.

touching play resumes the song instantly.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT. my GUESS is that this is related to webOS 2.2.4 at least. I could doctor back to 2.1.0 and attempt to duplicate the same issue, but that would be a royal PITA.

but i don't remember this being an issue with 1.4.5. however, that was prone to pausing with :06 remaining, but only occasionally. this is pretty consistent.

SUGGESTIONS ANYONE??

i do find it interesting that Apollo does not suffer this issue; making me think it's not a Pandora stream factor. I have run Apollo for 12 hrs continuously with only 3 pauses one afternoon/evening; and the pause self-corrected simply by touch-waking the screen from snooze.

But Apollo doesn't send audio over BT, so it's not an alternative for me, otherwise i'd be there already.

Old 12/28/2012, 11:05 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeTee View Post
I recently got a Pre 3, but had noticed the same issues on my Pre 2 as well.
Try this...

Pandora issues

I installed this patch on my Pre 3 and so far, Pandora has been running well without any pausing...
thx for the link to this thread, JDT!

as soon as i get home, i'll link up to WOSQI, install Preware, then look for this patch:
Pandora issues

install it, and report my results here.

(wow. i sure miss when this site was really packed with ppl and responses came in within minutes like this.)
Old 12/29/2012, 03:04 PM   #38 (permalink)

**UPDATE: two hrs later, still going strong. this patch WORKS. (this is on Sprint FrankenPre2, running 2.2.4) and donation to Jake @ WebOS World Svcs., DONE)

I downloaded the patch to the computer, and used WOSQI to install it, by going under FILE, then ADD FILE. (seems no one ever mentions this part!)

with the patch installed, i've been streaming Pandora without a pause for about an hour. I'll test with BT later today when i go out, but it appears this works!

(i've also figured out that the 3.5mm jack on my donor Frank has some 'issues'. Wiggling the plug activates the VoiceDial tutorial, and it's irritating the crap outta me. I'll have to once again disassemble two phones and swap the speaker and frame for my other one, but i can take these phones apart very quickly now from so much, er...practice)

I'll also be going back to the original post to see if there's a place to DONATE for whomever created the patch; i definitely owe someone a beer for this. If we don't reward the few people left who are committed to webOS for their dedication, soon there will be NO support for webOS at all. Then i'll have to what, put Windows on my Pre?? (there's actually a thread about that here too)

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/29/2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01/02/2013, 09:54 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
**UPDATE: two hrs later, still going strong. this patch WORKS. (this is on Sprint FrankenPre2, running 2.2.4) and donation to Jake @ WebOS World Svcs., DONE)

I downloaded the patch to the computer, and used WOSQI to install it, by going under FILE, then ADD FILE. (seems no one ever mentions this part!)

with the patch installed, i've been streaming Pandora without a pause for about an hour. I'll test with BT later today when i go out, but it appears this works!

(i've also figured out that the 3.5mm jack on my donor Frank has some 'issues'. Wiggling the plug activates the VoiceDial tutorial, and it's irritating the crap outta me. I'll have to once again disassemble two phones and swap the speaker and frame for my other one, but i can take these phones apart very quickly now from so much, er...practice)

I'll also be going back to the original post to see if there's a place to DONATE for whomever created the patch; i definitely owe someone a beer for this. If we don't reward the few people left who are committed to webOS for their dedication, soon there will be NO support for webOS at all. Then i'll have to what, put Windows on my Pre?? (there's actually a thread about that here too)
...Thought I'd check back here... glad to hear that it worked for you!

I've been looking for Apollo in hopes of trying it out to compare with the Pandora client, but it seems to not be available for Pre 3 any longer.
Any idea why it's no longer available in the app catalog?
ArigatoMrTalboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2013, 07:17 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeTee View Post
...Thought I'd check back here... glad to hear that it worked for you!

I've been looking for Apollo in hopes of trying it out to compare with the Pandora client, but it seems to not be available for Pre 3 any longer.
Any idea why it's no longer available in the app catalog?
the creator of Apollo replied in this thread at post 10. Jake said it's still available for 2.2.4 but his sig link goes to the app cat and shows only the TP version.

you may get a better answer if you PM him. if you do, please reply back here as i'm interested in trying it again myself, on the Pre2 running 2.2.4 also.

my pandora has taken a turn for the worse, which i'll explain in the next comment below.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0