webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > text not arriving in real time. only appear after a restart
text not arriving in real time. only appear after a restart

Old 12/09/2012, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

I'm on a rogers palm pre 2 running webOS 2.1, 2.2.4 would frequently doctor itself and wouldn't sync contacts from google.
arasarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

It happened to me on both my Pre 2's (Verizon) and still happens to my son regularly (his is also a Verizon Pre 2). One of the many things that work better with the Pre 3.
Old 12/09/2012, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
It happened to me on both my Pre 2's (Verizon) and still happens to my son regularly (his is also a Verizon Pre 2). One of the many things that work better with the Pre 3.
Any tricks to fix? It stopped doing it after a couple days / restarts. I deleted some old conversations and that may have helped.

The galaxy S 3 is looking more and more attractive.
arasarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Could be that database problem where all of the sudden the DB daemon would just die and won't come back until after a restart.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2012, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasarn View Post
Any tricks to fix? It stopped doing it after a couple days / restarts. I deleted some old conversations and that may have helped.

The galaxy S 3 is looking more and more attractive.
I minimized the issue by resetting the Pre 2 daily, but that wasn't foolproof.
Old 12/09/2012, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Happens to me off and on. A reboot daily has seem to corrected the issue on my end.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

GSM Pre3, had a persistent delay on SMS receipt, removed palm profile and signed into a different profile, this fixed the problem..... then signed back in to original profile and been good since.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Maybe not related, but I recently had a problem with glitchy texts. Some wouldn't send, slow, etc. Appears that lots of lengthy conversations cause problems with texts. There is no notice that texts need to be cleaned out except things get goofy. Take Care
Btravelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah many people suggested I clean out my texts (had never done it before) and it didn't fix my issue... no big deal, just something Ive never taken the time to do
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0