webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Outlook.com
Outlook.com

Old 11/27/2012, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone know the settings to use to setup an outlook.com email account on a Pre 2? I'm not easily finding this information.
falconrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
Anyone know the settings to use to setup an outlook.com email account on a Pre 2? I'm not easily finding this information.
Ironically, I found the answer in the Android forums. For others who may wish to do this, and can't find the answer real quick, here's what you do:
1) Create a new Microsoft Exchange Account under Preferences & Accounts from the email client.
2) In the first field use https://snt-m.hotmail.com
3) For Domain use: name@outlook.com
4) For Username: name@outlook.com
5) Enter your Microsoft Account password

Should setup fine from there. Still working on syncing things.

Please note that you will need to try to send an email from this account on your phone, which will fail, and then you will receive an email with a link to login and validate your account. Once you click that link to login into your Live account, you will be able to send emails.
Old 11/27/2012, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

My outlook.com has been working for a month

The mailserver is https://m.hotmail.com
Domain is blank
username is myname@outlook.com
roccodicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 05:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Seems both setups work fine. I just wish Microsoft had made the information easily available. Having to scour the net for it was ridiculous. I'm hoping to use it the way I use GMail, as a forwarding proxy for my email accounts through my ISP (Brighthouse - Road Runner). I'm also trying to see if I can get Outlook to sync with it, but the info isn't very forthcoming either (haven't had long to search though).

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0