webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > First use
First use

Old 11/25/2012, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

So I'm trying to get rid of the "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" after activating the phone.

Now, for some reason (after a fresh Doctoring and Full Erase session), I sign into the Palm Profile (internet APN settings seem to be correct because it works), and all my accounts and apps download correctly from my profile.

The problem lies in the "Dr. Skipped Firstuse". Any time I go to Accounts, though I've logged in correctly (I have App Store access also). I did not skip the first use (if I had it shouldn't have had access to my profile to begin with).

Any ideas on how to get rid of this? I can sign into my Palm profile (it's not in use on any 2.x devices other than this one- I have it on my TouchPad also), and it even seems to correctly recognize it in applications. But for some reason it just doesn't want to show it.

Last edited by Q-Ball; 11/25/2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Different
Q-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe the actual name of your account is "Dr. Skipped First Use"? Check online at the webOS Profile console. https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Otherwise maybe you can change the name by going into the database and editing the account. I can understand why it may still retain the name. The database is exported and backed up including account info. When it restores it may have added the skip first use profile back.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you have Impostah? If so go into Accounts and select HP webOS Account as the account template,

Do you have multiple items in the Account Username dropdown?
hans109h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

have the same issue from previous account sign-in through Impostah . Can't get rid of them either.
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Maybe the actual name of your account is "Dr. Skipped First Use"? Check online at the webOS Profile console. https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Otherwise maybe you can change the name by going into the database and editing the account. I can understand why it may still retain the name. The database is exported and backed up including account info. When it restores it may have added the skip first use profile back.

Account name is normal (it's just my name). Could it be because I didn't initially create the profile on a webOS 2 profile (I bought the Pre 2 this month to complement the TouchPad of last year; which is where the profile was created).

As for database editing, that is using Impostah or another (console) method?
I should have the relevant software installed (running Linux, Palm SDK installed, and Preware is loaded up).
Old 11/25/2012, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Impostah seems only able to view. You're better off with doing it by command line.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Impostah seems only able to view. You're better off with doing it by command line.
What is the command that would accomplish this?
Or rather, how would I go about discovering the commands that govern this and other things inside?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0