webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Palm Pre 2 warrenty
Palm Pre 2 warrenty

Old 11/21/2012, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

If I bought a new Palm Pre 2 from amazon, does may 1 year manufacturer warrenty apply?
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

No: HP does not provide any support for webOS devices any more (save for any devices that still might be in warranty for whatever reason). Buying something second hand usually does not count as getting a new device, and hence no warranty.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
No: HP does not provide any support for webOS devices any more (save for any devices that still might be in warranty for whatever reason). Buying something second hand usually does not count as getting a new device, and hence no warranty.
It was new and in a sealed box.
Old 11/21/2012, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hmm... Do you know when it was originally bought? The warranty states "one (1) year from the original purchase date", which I suppose would mean when the person who sold it to you bought it. In any case, don't expect there to be warranty service a year from now unless HP magically resumes making webOS devices.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 11/21/2012, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Hmm... Do you know when it was originally bought? The warranty states "one (1) year from the original purchase date", which I suppose would mean when the person who sold it to you bought it. In any case, don't expect there to be warranty service a year from now unless HP magically resumes making webOS devices.

If one purchased from a carrier like AT&T or Verizon under contract, one would have a warranty for the duration of the contract, if one purchased or paid the carrier via creditcard some card companies double the warranty... So it depends, most likely the OP got it from Amazon, which is not a carrier, so I doubt there is a warranty... Contact Amazon?
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hmm... I think I missed the Amazon part. It get's hard to tell at that point. If it was sold and shipped from Amazon, maybe there's a chance there'd still be warranty. But if it's sold by a third party through Amazon, and the seller isn't an authorized dealer, then there will likely not be warranty. Actually, I would ask HP to verify. They have an email form now.
Old 11/21/2012, 07:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yea, I emailed them and told them the things wrong so hopefully the will get back to me and I'll find out if the warranty coverage is valid. Its was from a third party dealer so lets cross my fingers.
Old 11/21/2012, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Carriers handle warranty on their own, Verizon, for example, had refurbished phones they would send out under warranty, they have a bunch of stock for most phones as there are many customers who pay for extended warranty. Amazon (or whoever fulfilled the order) would likely replace the phone. HP is definitely not involved.
Old 11/21/2012, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, there's no manufacturers warranty on any HP/Palm device at this point. HP made it clear that they no longer support the devices in any way, shape, or form and people with Touchpads were lucky as hell to get support for as long as they did.

On an HP/Palm smartphone? Absolutely not. That train has long left the station.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2012, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Got the speakers working, took me rebooting it twice, and plugged and unplugged the headphone jack twice. yep so need to get a new one other then the rickety slider now lol. Think I'll buy a back up veer though.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0