webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Shared calendar with TP via webOS account?
Shared calendar with TP via webOS account?

Old 11/12/2012, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have a 32GB Touchpad and a FrankenPre 2 (on Sprint) both sharing the same webOS (Palm) profile. This seems to do OK for apps I have purchased that are supported for both the Touchpad and the Pre 2, but I thought that calendar entries created for the webOS account would also show up on both devices. This does not seem to be the case. Is that supposed to work?
NCCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Calendar sharing should work if you're using a Synergy account instead of the local calendar. I'm not sure how local data sharing is handled. AFAIK the backup system restore only gets called one time (during first setup) even though data is backed up daily.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Calendar sharing should work if you're using a Synergy account instead of the local calendar. I'm not sure how local data sharing is handled. AFAIK the backup system restore only gets called one time (during first setup) even though data is backed up daily.
So, the webOS account choice in the calendar app is not considered a Synergy account? It is listed under the accounts in Preferences for the calendar app. Or does it have to be Yahoo or Google to be a full-fledged Synergy account?
Old 11/12/2012, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
So, the webOS account choice in the calendar app is not considered a Synergy account? It is listed under the accounts in Preferences for the calendar app. Or does it have to be Yahoo or Google to be a full-fledged Synergy account?
It's not listed under "Synergy Accounts" in the Accounts app. HP doesn't have cloud synching just for on-device-only data. There's backup, but that's only one half of that.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have this annoying issue where my exchange calendar isn't visible on my touchpad - i get reminders for all the events, but nothing shows in any of the views. Weirldy, using the same palm profile, they do show up on my veer. I had tried to engage HP support (when it was still around for webos) and they had no idea how to fix it either. numerous trips to the doctor have done nothing as well. I just live with it now.

Not really relevant, but its nice to share
Old 11/13/2012, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
It's not listed under "Synergy Accounts" in the Accounts app. HP doesn't have cloud synching just for on-device-only data. There's backup, but that's only one half of that.
OK....I was just hoping it did. In the same way that I view webOS as an asset against malware (hackers usually focus on the most common OSes/devices), I am not enamored of having important calendar data controlled by the Yahoo or Google cloud since they are such big targets. With the Palm/webOS profile being more obscure, that seemed a little safer. Oh well,
Old 11/16/2012, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is why I went and got a Google account (email/calendar)... the WebOS and Yahoo calendar just weren't up to par, nor reliable.,

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0