webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Touchstone charging
Touchstone charging
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By somline

Old 11/09/2012, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

As my experience is with the Pre2, I figured that it might be worth bringing my comment to the Pre2 forum, as the original thread was in the Pre/Pixi one.

Hi, just wanted to bring my take on this.

After several attempts to charge my Pre2 with cable, either with it's original plug (1A) or even with my Touchpad's (2A) I found that after a fair amount of time (a few hours) my phone would still be far from fully charged, but I'd make it home, placed it on the Touchstone and within 1/2 it would easily be much better charged, most time a full 100%.

So today, I did it again... forgot a Bluetooth active connection to my stereo headset that I was using with my Touchpad, and it drained the battery to 30%.

So I plugged it in and left it on for over ten minutes and when I checked, no change. I expected at least a 1-2 % increase, but nothing.

So I went and grabbed my Touchstone from my car, and plugged it in.

10 minutes and a full 10% increase up to 41% from 31%.

It's been about an hour now and I'm already at 98%.

So either I have a faulty micro-USB connection (I tried multiple cables) on my phone, even though it will eventually charge, and have no trouble to connect to a computer... so I wouldn't believe it to be faulty.

In case someone mentions that it's possibly a "over-powered" Touchstone... I have 3 Touchstones, and it's the same for all of them.

Just to say that I hate and avoid plugging my phone anyways (unless I have to to upload videos/musics) so it's no biggy, but it's still interested for me to see such a huge difference.
Old 11/09/2012, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

In my case for all my devices, the *reported* charging appears to be the same either way.

Sometimes I feel like the pre3 is slower on the TS, but I think that is because I end up picking it up more than other devices to do something simple since it is not as stable on the TS as all other webOS devices.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 04:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

I never has a problem with my USB port on my pre2 but my girls pre- port died but I have a TS back on it to charge her battery and extra bateries laying around for her I keep charged using my donor pre-

I read that the TS charges at a slower pace than the cable but I never noticed the difference

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 11/10/2012, 05:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Bust out Dr. Battery or Preware, and have a look at the current meter each way. If it's really low via one charging method, versus another, then something involved in that charging method is not working right
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by kataran likes this.
Old 11/10/2012, 07:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Bust out Dr. Battery or Preware....
You certainly meant Dr.Battery or Govnah and this is what I would do as well.
Old 11/10/2012, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

yeah Govnah in x-mode will graph your current and load average....thats a good idea
Old 11/10/2012, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by somline View Post
You certainly meant Dr.Battery or Govnah and this is what I would do as well.
yup, that is what i meant. the main screen on Govnah shows your battery current drain/charge amount
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0