webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Default Email account
Default Email account
Like Tree1Likes

Old 11/07/2012, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

is there a way to set my outgoing mail to default to a specific account? I have 3 email accounts set up on my phone.

Ty in advance i am sure it is something simple that i am missing.
pchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

If you open your email app, swipe down from the top left tab or tap the top left tab that says email , select "Preferences & Accounts" then scroll to the very bottom , you will see a default email there click it and select the one you would like.

I believe that should be what your looking for.
djgardn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

i do not have that option when i go into there!

I guess i am stuck just switching it everytime
Old 11/08/2012, 08:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

What version WebOS you running? I have 2.1 and have it. Make sure your OS is up to date.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

I believe that option was removed with the 2.2.4WR version for some dumb reason. I used to have it too until I doctored my FrankenPre2. It's gone now though

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

That's odd - I have a default mail account setting on my 2.2.4 Pre2

Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2012, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have 2.2.4 as well and i don't have it.

Haven't dr'd in a long time probably should just to get things back in line!!! But it's not there right now!
Old 11/08/2012, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
That's odd - I have a default mail account setting on my 2.2.4 Pre2

Do you have an original Pre2, or a FrankenPre2? I think that is the difference since i believe you have to use a different doctor file for that. That function seems to have been removed from the 'wr' release.

Old 11/08/2012, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

franken here!!!!!
Old 11/08/2012, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Okay for those of you with 2.2.4 that don't have a default account setting....

when you go into preferences and accounts

under accounts tap and hold the account you want to be default - it will first be dark gray then light gray

once it is light gray drag it to the top of the list, wait for it to kick everything else to the bottom, then release. This should drop that e-mail account at the top of the list, now making it your default outbox.

I just did this on my AT&T Pre3 running 2.2.4. I do have all the advanced system patches as well if this doesn't work for anyone (not sure if this is a function of the advanced system patches).

also to add my Veer not patched and on 2.1.2 has the separate default e-mail option
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 11/08/2012, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Okay for those of you with 2.2.4 that don't have a default account setting....

when you go into preferences and accounts

under accounts tap and hold the account you want to be default - it will first be dark gray then light gray

once it is light gray drag it to the top of the list, wait for it to kick everything else to the bottom, then release. This should drop that e-mail account at the top of the list, now making it your default outbox.

I just did this on my AT&T Pre3 running 2.2.4. I do have all the advanced system patches as well if this doesn't work for anyone (not sure if this is a function of the advanced system patches).

also to add my Veer not patched and on 2.1.2 has the separate default e-mail option
Worked perfectly! I totally forgot about that trick!

Old 11/08/2012, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Do you have an original Pre2, or a FrankenPre2? I think that is the difference since i believe you have to use a different doctor file for that. That function seems to have been removed from the 'wr' release.
It's an unlocked GSM Pre2 which would use the WR doctor. I don't recall but I think I OTA'd from 2.1 to 2.2.4, but I do have both doctors downloaded. I've been holding off turning it into a FrankenPre2, and if they take my EAS access away, I kind of lose some of my incentive.

Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/08/2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 11/08/2012, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
awesome, glad it worked!
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 11/08/2012, 12:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

I see you fixed my quote.. I think the Tapatalk plug-in is not formatting posts correctly that are made by the Forums app.. just editing them on the browser and hitting save without changing anything will fix them.

Old 11/08/2012, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Interesting. I didn't even know about that.. I noticed reordering the list does not change the value in the default account selector on my phone. I will reorder the list and see if it does change the default acct.

Old 11/08/2012, 01:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

So I figured it out, this has nothing to do with 2.2.4, it has to do with having Advanced System Preferences E-Mail

Just installed advanced system preferences e-mail patch on my 2.1.2 Veer and it took away the default e-mail option and uninstall of the patch gives me the default account option back
Old 11/08/2012, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ahhhh..... now that makes sense. I never thought about it having to do with that patch. Nice find

Old 11/08/2012, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

LOL sadly the benefit of carrying 3 devices (2 phones and a TP) is that I can easily check things like that.

(I literally am rotating phones on the TS to keep them charged )
Old 11/08/2012, 03:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
So I figured it out, this has nothing to do with 2.2.4, it has to do with having Advanced System Preferences E-Mail

Just installed advanced system preferences e-mail patch on my 2.1.2 Veer and it took away the default e-mail option and uninstall of the patch gives me the default account option back
If that's the case, then shouldn't there be a setting somewhere in Tweaks maybe to show/hide that? It could be a bug in the patch that is hiding it, or it could be intentional, but honestly the selector is more intuitive than re-ordering the list. Re-orderable lists are cool, but it is not very obvious. I think I will scan that thread.

Old 11/08/2012, 03:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

A lot of things in the advanced system patches have to be learned, so I wouldn't be surprised that there is no option

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0