Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By cwhead321
  • 1 Post By johncc
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By GMMan
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I tried to sell my sprint frankenpre2 but I had no luck!
    Secretly, I was actually really happy that I had no offers. I'm going to ditch this blasted, slow, crashing motorola admiral and go back to webOS. Anyone want to buy this POS admiral?
    It appears I need to get out the remains of my Pre- and switch the comm board back to activate, then resurrect my frankepre from there.
    What I want to know from the community is: what have I missed in the last 10sih months? Any new apps I need to check out? Any development on the OS side at all?
    I'm actually excited--feels like I'm getting a new phone! I guess I'll just keep rockin' webOS until the end. It's unbelievable to me that from an usability standpoint still nothing comes close to the intuition of webOS.
    Remy X likes this.
    Hmm... Well, Open webOS finally got released, and has been dev ported on a handful of devices. There's a new Open webOS boot disc out and about so you can try it on your computer live. There's also a Google Maps app being highlighted right now.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    It hasn't got any better if that's what you want to know.

Amazing how the posting here has dropped big time over the past 6 months.

People movin' on......
    I am sure that there are plenty like me patiently waiting for WebOS Ports to do their stuff and abiding by the adage "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything". Unfortunately, there a number happy to say "nothing", even if they have moved on.
    retroblu likes this.
    Yep.. That's why my ignore list hasn't stopped growing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    johncc likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I think I may have messed up my chance to come back!! I stupidly just threw the sprint comm board onto pre- and then did a factory reset from the phone itself.
    Now I'm looking at the webos BSOD with 'Phone Error Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com/support for help.

CRAP!

I tried to run webos Doctor but the phone isn't even being recognized at all!

I also tried searching around for someone who was able to get past the BSOD, but all I could find was like 3+ years old....

If this thread needs to be moved now, that's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    I think I may have messed up my chance to come back!! I stupidly just threw the sprint comm board onto pre- and then did a factory reset from the phone itself.
    Now I'm looking at the webos BSOD with 'Phone Error Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com/support for help.

CRAP!

I also tried searching around for someone who was able to get past the BSOD, but all I could find was like 3+ years old....

If I were you I would start a new thread with a descriptive title.
    Hopefully Rod (rwhitby) or GMMan will come around and see your post, maybe you should even PM them. Because the majority of us around here don't know the hardware, driver, OS Doctor, boot loader, etc. interaction stuff as well as they do. Those two guys (and then maybe 5 other people) are the only ones that can help you.

That said, i'm thinking that the comm board has some kind of a writable memory that holds a short config file... perhaps something was overwritten with invalid data and Doctor isn't able to make sense of it, so the settings will need to be entered by hand before the device can be doctored.

I really don't know what exactly i'm talking about, but since the comm boards can be swapped to build hybrid phones and may carry hybrid settings, regular Doctor may have had an un-handled exception
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post

CRAP!

I think the modem firmware might have become unstable. Restore the comm board to the original device, and then flash the firmware using the right Doctor for your (original) phone and carrier. Have a look: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals
    Remy X likes this.