Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  • 2 Post By AwesomePalmPre127
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  1.    #1  
    Ok ever since I uninstalled uberkernel and the other patches from Mau to improve memory etc. My battery has been excellent. I kept govnah installed and changed the other settings like I/O to anticipatory and Tcp congestion to Westwood. So far no problems, when I had that other stuff installed I was getting the TMC error all the time.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Must admit I'm now thinking of totally flattening my Pre2 of all the extra crap I have put on it and go back to totally stock.

I now have a Playbook that does a lot of the stuff I used my Pre for far better so I really only need it now for calls, messaging and a bit of tethering.
    With a +7 minute boot time...maybe I'm thinking about this too.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

sshaka likes this.
    My pre 2 boots in less than 1:30 minutes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    xandros9 and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    My pre 2 boots in less than 1:30 minutes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Is it stock???
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    mine booted in 4:36 right after removing UK.
    i then reinstalled UK, and my restart time (not counting shutdown sequence for both) was 5:24
    i wanted to try stock, so i uninstalled again and rebooted. - 4:50
    rebooted again: 5:15 (stock)

i dont have numbers for UK already being installed and set up

I removed SysCtl Optimization, Unthrottle DL Manager and maybe one other (don't think so) and my boot time is 3:51, however, it started booting Luna around 1-2 minutes. (quite possibly a one-time occurrence)

I removed Buttah, GPS Top Bar, and Mojo FPS Booster and got a restart time of 4:22 with Luna starting at 2:26.

From all this, (taking into account the non-scientific ways of this experiment) I think I can conclude webOS's boot time is a tad random. But I wouldn't know for sure.

<1:30!?!? That can't be right!
    Last edited by xandros9; 10/27/2012 at 08:00 PM.
    sshaka likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    mine booted in 4:36 right after removing UK.
    i then reinstalled UK, and my restart time (not counting shutdown sequence for both) was 5:24
    i wanted to try stock, so i uninstalled again and rebooted. - 4:50
    rebooted again: 5:15 (stock)

i dont have numbers for UK already being installed and set up

I removed SysCtl Optimization, Unthrottle DL Manager and maybe one other (don't think so) and my boot time is 3:51, however, it started booting Luna around 1-2 minutes. (quite possibly a one-time occurrence)

I removed Buttah, GPS Top Bar, and Mojo FPS Booster and got a restart time of 4:22 with Luna starting at 2:26.

From all this, (taking into account the non-scientific ways of this experiment) I think I can conclude webOS's boot time is a tad random. But I wouldn't know for sure.

<1:30!?!? That can't be right!
    I may be wrong. I'll time it sometime today.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by AwesomePalmPre127; 10/28/2012 at 10:49 PM.
    I just timed it: from completely shutdown, the boot time was 1:21 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    I just timed it: from completely shutdown, the boot time was 1:21 minutes.
    That's pretty impressive, how'd you achieve that?
    I have no idea. The only patches I have installed are:
    add audio to sms
    add clock to exhibition
    add scrollbars to browser
    Buttah
    capture with volume keys
    copy url to clipboard
    export messages permission patch
    mp4 video downloader
    optimize clock for exhibition
    Ringer switch icon
    timestamps clean
    Straight talk carrier string
    unhide dev mode icon
    unthrottle download manager
    video downloads

15 patches- and no overclocking at all.
    I'm just stunned....

I've got the following patches installed:

Advanced Options in Launcher
    Battery Percent as Icon
    Buttah
    Custom Carrier String
    Devicemenu Maxed Out Ultra
    Maps Rebooting Patch
    PDF Redux
    Save Attachments to Downloads Folder
    Unthrottle Download Manager

I also have 4 unknown packages installed...could they be slowing down reboot because they are unknown and webOS can't figure out what to do with them?

Clear Weather
    CTC
    Currency Exchange Lite
    OpenTable
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I've found things have got really slow and laggy since I installed UK and then uninstalled it. Hence why I need to get around to flattening it back to out of the box.

Seems to me a 50/50 thing for it to make a benefit. It either does or doesn't.
    I finally gave up on mine.

It did the job for a long time, but lets face it, the pre2 is old news now. Screen was a too small, resolution was getting to be laughable, apps weren't "snappy" like the newest stuff out there, and some of the new voice-activated capabilities (like google's voice recognition) are really leaving the old pre in the dust. I sucked it up, paid the extra 10$ a month for the "smartphone", and swapped up to a fancy-pants mega-phone.

No regrets.

Good old pre2 was pretty solid though, have to admit it. Beat it up, dropped it, threw it, let my 3 year old play with it. Good piece of hardware (must better than my pre- and it's multiple silly replacements required every single time I so much as glanced at it).
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    I'm still holding on to my dev day Pre 2. After about a year I found I needed to replace the battery since the stock one would not keep a charge throughout the day. I got one of the Mugen Power 1400s and it has been fine for over a year. I have good days and bad days with battery life, mostly due to the radio hunting for signal in bad coverage areas.

The boot time is nowhere near the 5 minute mark, but I really haven't timed it to see just how long it takes to get up and running.