Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  1.    #1  
    There one odd behavior that I recently noticed with my device recently, I often use my device to work out during the evenings with the pre-packaged black headphones plugged-in. However, it doing this strange thing my Palm Pre 2 phone of thinking that it still has something plugged into the socket of the headphone jack. I noticed it first since, many of my calls where missed calls and my phone didn't even ran(like it used too). Every time that I have to make a call, I have to resort to use the speaker since it my phone receiver can't function because of the supposed headphones plugged-in.

    I've tried plugging/unplugging various times using my headphones, rebooting the phone, and taking out the battery to reset it. But every attempt is unsuccessful. Does it mean that I might have to do a hard reset to fix this problem ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  2. #2  
    Have you tried the hardware diagnostics? Chances are something's jammed in the headphone jack and it's constantly making contact. making the phone think headphones are still plugged in.
  3. #3  
    Temporarily you can use home brew app from preware called "AUDIO SWITCH" to bring it back to normal. The app setting survives a luna restart but not a full system reset,
    Then you need to get a q tip with some cleaner and try to clean it out. I used something called LPS
  4. #4  
    You might wanna have a look at The Ghastly Headset. You can use this app to force a switch from headset to speaker and vice versa
  5. #5  
    This issue is as old as the hills. I had it on my 700P, 755, Pre+ and my Pre2. Palm devices have historically had this problem and it probably has to do with the manufacturing/design process. You can GENTLY insert a straigtened paper clip in and out of the jack to disengage something inside.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  6. #6  
    You can pick up a stereo bluetooth headset for about thirty bucks
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    You can pick up a stereo bluetooth headset for about thirty bucks
    Also true, got a SE MW-600 for my Veer and it works great
  8. ewl88's Avatar
    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    There one odd behavior that I recently noticed with my device recently, I often use my device to work out during the evenings with the pre-packaged black headphones plugged-in. However, it doing this strange thing my Palm Pre 2 phone of thinking that it still has something plugged into the socket of the headphone jack. I noticed it first since, many of my calls where missed calls and my phone didn't even ran(like it used too). Every time that I have to make a call, I have to resort to use the speaker since it my phone receiver can't function because of the supposed headphones plugged-in.

    I've tried plugging/unplugging various times using my headphones, rebooting the phone, and taking out the battery to reset it. But every attempt is unsuccessful. Does it mean that I might have to do a hard reset to fix this problem ?
    Had this problem before. I used a larger plug to toggle it so the pre 2's contacts reset. It's a purely hardware jack problem. I think Pre designs are vulnerable to this. Consider a wireless bluetooth speaker.
  9. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #9  
    +1 for The Ghastly Headset
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Had this problem before. I used a larger plug to toggle it so the pre 2's contacts reset. It's a purely hardware jack problem. I think Pre designs are vulnerable to this. Consider a wireless bluetooth speaker.
    Its so strange because my Pre 2 phone is just brand new(bought it over a month ago), for it to have that problem with the headphone jack. But it must be like someone else said, could probably be a hardware manufacturing issue with these Pre models from Palm.

    Anyways, I wanted to Thank everyone that answered my post: GGMan, laingman, Herrie and all the rest of the forum members. After, trying out some advice about cleaning the contacts found in the headjack with a Q-tip....my device automatically started going back to normal. My Palm Pre device no longer is saying that a headphone jack is connected and I could go back using speaker and receiver just fine

    Thanks All, you rock people...I'm so lucky to have found this community, wouldn't know what to do without it...
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    toaste likes this.

Posting Permissions