1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what the latency is on some music apps with WebOS 2.2.4 is?

Curious as to whether one can develop voice/instrument recorder for this one....
    Having X+n things in X space ain't gonna cut it...
    I guess that depends on what you want to do with it. I have one or two voice recording apps that I've used on one of my 2.2.4 phones, but not sure what you're getting at here.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    What's latency? Latency is the delay caused by the time it takes your guitar signal to travel all the way through your hardware interface, through your computer's processor, through your plug-in software, back through your hardware interface and out of your speakers or headphones. This delay is heard in your monitoring signal and makes recording almost impossible.

Basically this is what I am asking about.

BTW...which voice recording programs are you using?
    Ah, so you're looking for input back to output. When merely recording a voice to WAV, I wouldn't think that something like that would matter too much.

Here's what I do know, that might help, though: On the TouchPad, it's pretty easy to use gstreamer to make an echo device. The regular developer APIs will only record to WAV file, so not real useful. gstreamer can be very handy here. I don't know anything about gstreamer on the phone, though, and not a whole lot about it on the TouchPad. gstreamer can directly pipe input to output, though, and that worked great for the bit I tried it for.

I'm restoring my Pre3 right now (mic stopped working, just testing to see if it could possibly be softawre somehow), but I'll try to get back with whatever apps i've got ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    I'll check gstreamer out here....thanks!