1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I've been looking in the forum and could not find any clearcut solution. Just 2 days ago, I realized that when I play MP3 with the stock music player ...the songs stutter... Was trying to figure out whether it was a patch or something causing it..but it seems to be also problematic with any other Mp3 player i'm try with besides the stock player...

anyone encounter this before?
    I'm using the o/c tool, and the most recent patch for the MP3 player was the song play list (which I've removed).
    I know you probably know and may have already done this, but did you try resetting your Pre2? Sometimes when I start troubleshooting I tend to oversimplify things and forget the basics! Another thing that I've noticed with my Pre2 is that when my text messages get full of pictures and attachments the whole system starts to slow down. I recently cleared out much of my SMS and the whole phone picked up speed. I don't know enough about the memory management to go in depth but using PreSet Reset every night while asleep seemed to ward off some of my issues. I quit using it a few months ago and started having slowdowns again so I re-installed and now it's golden again. This is with an unlocked FrankenPre on Sprint. Also, there's an indexing slowdown sometimes when new music has been loaded and the phone hasn't been restarted before starting to play music out of the library.
    Good luck,
    Gene
  3.    #3  
    @ diabolical, i'd just try clearing my SMSs.. see if it helps. The alternative options that I'm not looking forward to is a total wipe... or worst still a doctor. those 2 take time, and this is my primary phone..
    Deleting all the SMS messages works for the speed's device!!!???

REALLY???
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    Deleting all the SMS messages works for the speed's device!!!???

REALLY???
    Actually, in older versions of webOS it was an actual fix for speed issues.
    Hummmmmm......older version........mine is 2.2.4.......very unstable for my bad luck!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    I had this if I used any rom besides 2.1.0 on my pre2. I also noticed it was worse if I used any of the smoothness or speedup patches.
    do you use govnah? and if so is your screen off*/low freq set to less than 368mhz? If so I've found my music players can stutter or pause infrequently.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 10/10/2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    I had this if I used any rom besides 2.1.0 on my pre2. I also noticed it was worse if I used any of the smoothness or speedup patches.
    I'm thinking through between the last time i played the MP3 (now even noticed the problem for videos), and now what did I do.
    Remembered a few that I added so now planning to remove and test.
    Buttah - removed (stuttering still there) - luna restart
    disk Cache mod - removed (still stuttering) - luna restart
    System Control optimization -removed (still stuttering) - luna restart
    battery monitor (on main menu) - removed (luna restart)

It seems either a combination of these cause very frequent stuttering.. right now with these removed - it still stutters but 80% less...hmm..

think i'm gonna try uninstall the o/c patch..and reinstall the standard kernel..and see what happens.

OK uninstalling the o/c patch suprisingly removed all stuttering from my stock media player.... wierd!!!...

Reinstalled the o/c patch.. no stuttering also... so I guess it was something to do with o/c kernel somewhere.. Needs more study on what cause this. Unfortunately there is no way for me to replicate this.
    Last edited by daexpression; 10/11/2012 at 01:03 AM.
    sounds about right...
    This happens to mine when I try to play too high of a bit rate stream, WiFi or 3g. If you can, try a lower bit rate stream and see if it persists.