1. vgg
    I've been using an unlocked GSM palm pre2 here in the UK for the past few months and am loving it. When I first activated it I used an orange payasyougo sim card, but the cost of internet access is turning out to be really high for my needs. I've just found a good deal through a different carrier (three) with as much as you want data/month and am wanting to switch. How do I change my phone number and will I lose all my paid apps. I'd read that the webos profile is linked to the imei number of the phone and not to the sim but on the hpwebos account page it only allows you to edit passwords and email addresses. Although there is an ominious looking button with which I can delete my account. I don't want to press that button if it means I lose all my apps. Any help/info/advise would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Vito
    Check with the new carrier about porting your phone number. Not sure how that works in the UK, but on my side of the pond it is mandated that carriers must let you keep your number when you switch.

Changing the SIM will not erase your Profile. It should just switch carrier and you continue on. No Doctoring or anything else needed. Your phone is already set up.

The only other thing you need do is put in APN and MMS settings to get full service.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3. vgg
    Thanks for the help - you've put my mind at ease. Keeping the old number takes a couple of days to sort out but is do-able so will look into this.

cheers

Vito
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    i change my sims several times a day on my Pre 2.. There is no problem at all.
  5. vgg
    Excellent - this is what I like to hear