Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
Like Tree4Likes
  1. webos_ftw's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I had to run out on a job for work this afternoon, so I tried this site. It worked OK, but in a car it had an extremely hard time with the GPS unless I practically held it out the window. Even then, it would be waaay off (1/2 mile or so). I think this would come in handy as a last resort, or if you are walking around a large city and needed directions. All in all a good site, but not something I'll use as my main service.
    Not 100% sure but I think scout.me uses crowd sourcing for directions... That could be the problem...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Navit hasn't ever worked well enough for me to use it. The directions don't update, it is very slow, and the volume is ridiculously too quiet.

    I haven't tried m.scout.me yet but after a brief tour of the site I noticed that webOS's on screen reload button blocks some the sites UI.
    For my use, Navit has none of those problems.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Navit hasn't ever worked well enough for me to use it. The directions don't update, it is very slow, and the volume is ridiculously too quiet.

    I haven't tried m.scout.me yet but after a brief tour of the site I noticed that webOS's on screen reload button blocks some the sites UI.
    You're right about the reload buttons blocking content of the site, you can install a patch in Preware that hides those buttons when the page is done loading.
  4. #24  
    Awesome find! Bookmarked. I will play with this tomorrow..

    I use NDrive and am very happy with it and I use the homebrew google maps app for traffic. But this is neat..

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #25  
    m.scout.me - Even with the patch I can't get it to work properly. It does not update and track my location.

    Navit. The most recent update has solved most of my issues. Works when set to 3D view but does not update when on 2D view. Routing is OK, but not the best routes and sometimes misses certain addresses (from the northeast US map).

    nDrive. It is on my device but I have not purchased any maps.

    Verizon Navigator. Not the greatest GPS app, but either are any of the above when compared to more modern options. Also, due to the issues with Verizon, I need to launch this before using any other GPS app otherwise I can not get a fix.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    m.scout.me - Even with the patch I can't get it to work properly. It does not update and track my location.

    Navit. The most recent update has solved most of my issues. Works when set to 3D view but does not update when on 2D view. Routing is OK, but not the best routes and sometimes misses certain addresses (from the northeast US map).

    nDrive. It is on my device but I have not purchased any maps.

    Verizon Navigator. Not the greatest GPS app, but either are any of the above when compared to more modern options. Also, due to the issues with Verizon, I need to launch this before using any other GPS app otherwise I can not get a fix.
    Why does launching the VZ Navigator work for you but not for me? I used to use this trick, but the Borg (Big Red...Verizon) always adapt to my modulations....as Kirk would say...if he ever met them...BBBOOOOOORRRRRGGGGG!!!!!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  7. #27  
    Tried this today and it didn't work right for me on my pre3. The overlays and rotation were all wrong.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Why does launching the VZ Navigator work for you but not for me? I used to use this trick, but the Borg (Big Red...Verizon) always adapt to my modulations....as Kirk would say...if he ever met them...BBBOOOOOORRRRRGGGGG!!!!!
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I pay $5 a month to Verizon for VZ Navigator. I still need to start VZ Navigator to 'kick start' the GPS for any other program. The real reason I do this is for geocaching, but I play around with the other Navigation apps for fun.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    m.scout.me - Even with the patch I can't get it to work properly. It does not update and track my location.

    Navit. The most recent update has solved most of my issues. Works when set to 3D view but does not update when on 2D view. Routing is OK, but not the best routes and sometimes misses certain addresses (from the northeast US map).

    nDrive. It is on my device but I have not purchased any maps.

    Verizon Navigator. Not the greatest GPS app, but either are any of the above when compared to more modern options. Also, due to the issues with Verizon, I need to launch this before using any other GPS app otherwise I can not get a fix.
    I just realized I need to flip my Pre 2 to get Scout to work full screen and then I can leverage the contrrols. Seems interesting.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I pay $5 a month to Verizon for VZ Navigator. I still need to start VZ Navigator to 'kick start' the GPS for any other program. The real reason I do this is for geocaching, but I play around with the other Navigation apps for fun.
    Ah, I see. You know though, turning on VZ Navigator even when you don't subscribe, and then tapping the DECLINE button to close it, has been a 'trick used since pretty much the beginning of webOS on Verizon. In fact, one part of the GPS Fix process is to automatically do just that.

    I was able to use that trick back in 2010 and even 2011, but I don't think I've seen it work for many months...probably not at all this year.

    I tried VZ Navigator on a free trial and used it during a 2 week driving trip out west. It worked most of the time, but sometimes the directional turn purple arrow wouldn't display, making me guess which way the next turn was going to be.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Ah, I see. You know though, turning on VZ Navigator even when you don't subscribe, and then tapping the DECLINE button to close it, has been a 'trick used since pretty much the beginning of webOS on Verizon. In fact, one part of the GPS Fix process is to automatically do just that.

    I was able to use that trick back in 2010 and even 2011, but I don't think I've seen it work for many months...probably not at all this year.

    I tried VZ Navigator on a free trial and used it during a 2 week driving trip out west. It worked most of the time, but sometimes the directional turn purple arrow wouldn't display, making me guess which way the next turn was going to be.
    I used to do the launch and decline trick for VZ Nav, and had the patch and all. But like you it stopped working. I keep my Pre 2 due to the unlimited data and free hotspot on my plan. Beyond that, Verizon sucks.
  12. #32  
    Agree with those noting problems with m.scout.me. Couldn't get any of the interface to work right. Even tried making a dedicated webapp in Mojo for it, pinning the click controls, but still nothing.

    How do other folks manage it? Looks neat, would love to try it.

    (Agree though: nDrive or Navit for driving.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions