1.    #1  
    Hi, I saw a post before here that I cannot find now where someone was describing WebOs Hotspot software that prevents the carrier from knowing who you are so you're data usage is not tracked.

Does anyone know what this software is called.

I have a Pre 2 being shipped to me. Will this work on the Veer using ATT's LTE speed ?

Thanks
    FreeTether is the software.
    +1 for freetether, your tether sessions are masked to appear as if send/receive is from the phone. Add NetStat to track data use amounts

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymcinnis View Post
    I have a Pre 2 being shipped to me. Will this work on the Veer using ATT's LTE speed ?
    freetether will work for both phones. Veer is not LTE capable. It's an H+ device and Pre 2 is straight up 3g.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I have a Pre 2 being shipped to me hopefully by 9/19.

It sucks having to wait so long.
    Hi, I saw a post before here that I cannot find now where someone was describing WebOs Hotspot software that prevents the carrier from knowing who you are so you're data usage is not tracked.
    There is no legal way of doing this that I know of.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Thanks. I have a Pre 2 being shipped to me hopefully by 9/19.

It sucks having to wait so long.
    Wow..September 2019 IS a long time! Oh, you mean September 19th...2012...got it.

I use freetether on my Pre2 and it works pretty well. I used it during projected training sessions this week in fact as I was demonstrating the use of my company's internet accessible data management system.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    There is no legal way of doing this that I know of.
    True.

And so no one here condones or promotes such. We merely present observations from reported data.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #8  
    Agreed.

100%.
  9.    #9  
    Does the Veer get H+ using Straightalk ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    True.

And so no one here condones or promotes such. We merely present observations from reported data.
    I just don't want him thinking Free Tether removes the ability of the carrier to track data usage. Free Tether is only a way to get around paying for a data tethering plan, data used is still counted against total usage.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I just don't want him thinking Free Tether removes the ability of the carrier to track data usage. Free Tether is only a way to get around paying for a data tethering plan, data used is still counted against total usage.
    Got it.

I wouldn't want to anyway.

I was just asking.
    When I was on Sprint they sent a warning message when using the hotspot app modified from Verizon and also, now on at&t you must upgrade to the 4GB plan to tether, FreeTether was the work around for these restrictions since tethering appears as normal phone data usage.
    Or you can FrankenPre a Pre 2 with a Pre + radio (if on Verizon) and use free MHS. Some folks have reported that MHS is slightly faster than free tether but I have not been able to validate that.
    Does the Veer get H+ using Straightalk ?
    Yes.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    +1 for freetether, your tether sessions are masked to appear as if send/receive is from the phone. Add NetStat to track data use amounts

freetether will work for both phones. Veer is not LTE capable. It's an H+ device and Pre 2 is straight up 3g.
    Actually, the Pre 2 is HSDPA 7.2 but unless you patch it, you're only going to get the 3G icon.
    If you disagree with me, please keep it civil.
    Should I disagree with you, you shall hear Ezekiel 25:17