Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ggendel
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Any volunteers that I can send my Verizon Palm Pre 2 to and update my phone to version 2.2.4? I'm not the most computer savvy person but I just want "sms" with my touchpad. This kernel this and doctor that... is way too much for me to understand and probably screw it up. Thanks
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    Any volunteers that I can send my Verizon Palm Pre 2 to and update my phone to version 2.2.4? I'm not the most computer savvy person but I just want "sms" with my touchpad. This kernel this and doctor that... is way too much for me to understand and probably screw it up. Thanks
    It's pretty hard to screw up using a webOS doctor. The only issue would be that you lose all of your current settings. I suggest that you use the homebrew save/restore app to save things before you doctor. BTW, what part of the globe are you in? Maybe there is a doctor-savvy person local that could help rather than dealing with the shipping gorillas.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    hf199 likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    It's pretty hard to screw up using a webOS doctor. The only issue would be that you lose all of your current settings. I suggest that you use the homebrew save/restore app to save things before you doctor. BTW, what part of the globe are you in? Maybe there is a doctor-savvy person local that could help rather than dealing with the shipping gorillas.
    To get the Verizon Pre 2 to webOS 2.2.4 would require a Meta-Doctor, and I am assuming that is what the OP is afriad of messing up.

and @OP instead of shipping the device, you could find someone to help you by using Teamviewer (TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings), you will be giving control of your computer to someone, who can then setup the doctor for you, and if you wanted go through the process. Sadly, I don't know enough about webOS to help you either
    I don't think there is a doctor that's modified for a Verizon pre▓ that is 2.2.4 . I havent seen any or heard of it ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I don't think there is a doctor that's modified for a Verizon pre▓ that is 2.2.4 . I havent seen any or heard of it ?
    There are two scripts in meta doctor, test and super, test is as GSM version with umts firmware removed and cdma added, super is as close to a Verizon DR I could make it,
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    And is it true that if I buy an HP Pre 3 for Verizon it only works with 2G/Edge network and not 3G? Just checking my options.
    And is it true that if I buy an HP Pre 3 for Verizon it only works with 2G/Edge network and not 3G? Just checking my options.
    Having a Pre3 (but not activated), it claims to have full 3G (PrePlus and Pre2 also do) so I would assume it does to, no 4 lte, but it also has a SIM which can also be used on AT&T, now that is reported to be 2G/edge for GSM.
    I might be willing to help out. Send me a message.

Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by hans109h View Post

Hans
    Not knowing where you are I can assist...
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hans109h View Post

Hans
    Brigantine, NJ
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Would a Verizon FrankenPre Doctor for 2.2.4 work? I've done that already for a Franken Pre 2. I'm up in Hillsborough NJ, so you're a bit of a ride.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad