Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. hf199's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
       #1  
    What happened to HP Maps? It keeps re routing you to App catalog and it's not working
  2. #2  
    I would highly recommend installing 72ka's GoogleMaps from Preware, if you haven't already. As for your question, I'm not sure why yours isn't working, mine is. Check and make sure your GPS radio is turned on.(although I can't see that being the reason you're getting re-routed to the Catalog)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. #3  
    mine isn't working either :'(

    well just tried again and it started working yay!!
  4. hf199's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I would highly recommend installing 72ka's GoogleMaps from Preware, if you haven't already. As for your question, I'm not sure why yours isn't working, mine is. Check and make sure your GPS radio is turned on.(although I can't see that being the reason you're getting re-routed to the Catalog)
    When i try to use it says "Please tap here to update to the new maps app or search Maps in the app catalog". I had already done this in the past. And it updated with no problem. This problem just started. So when I due tap in sends me to the catalog but won't download. I can't even delete it the app to start over. Please not another webOS doctor.
    Last edited by hf199; 08/30/2012 at 09:46 AM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    mine isn't working either :'(

    well just tried again and it started working yay!!
    Mine hasn't worked since I got my Pre2. I have 72ka's Google Maps app installed also. I have another icon names "Google Maps" that is the old stnadard Goggle Maps icon. When I tap it, I get the white screen with the old Google Maps icon in the center and a link in blue underlined text that says "Please tap here to update to the new Maps app or search for Maps in the App Catalog. If I tap this link, I get two cards opening, and the second one is the app catalog showing me the "Maps HP" app, the Bing map app. Instead of a download bar at the bottom, I see "Tap to launch". If I tap that bar, it brings me right back to that white page with the old google maps icon and the blue underlined text/link.

    If I try to close all those cards, and then open the app catalog by itself and search for 'maps', I get the Maps HP option to "Tap to launch", and if I tap I get the white page...

    So, my only other thought is that I should delete the Google Maps App (not 72ka's) and then try to download from the HP App Catalog. Anybody have other suggestions?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    When i try to use it says "Please tap here to update to the new maps app or search Maps in the app catalog". I had already done this in the past. So when I due tap in sends me to the catalog but won't download. I can't even delete it the app to start over. Please not another webOS doctor.
    I had this issue and I found a thread that suggested removing the app folder (I used Internalz Pro and copied it to /media/internal) then reboot. I can't exactly recall what really fixed it, but it's worth a shot.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  7. hf199's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Mine hasn't worked since I got my Pre2. I have 72ka's Google Maps app installed also. I have another icon names "Google Maps" that is the old stnadard Goggle Maps icon. When I tap it, I get the white screen with the old Google Maps icon in the center and a link in blue underlined text that says "Please tap here to update to the new Maps app or search for Maps in the App Catalog. If I tap this link, I get two cards opening, and the second one is the app catalog showing me the "Maps HP" app, the Bing map app. Instead of a download bar at the bottom, I see "Tap to launch". If I tap that bar, it brings me right back to that white page with the old google maps icon and the blue underlined text/link.

    If I try to close all those cards, and then open the app catalog by itself and search for 'maps', I get the Maps HP option to "Tap to launch", and if I tap I get the white page...

    So, my only other thought is that I should delete the Google Maps App (not 72ka's) and then try to download from the HP App Catalog. Anybody have other suggestions?
    That's what i get!
  8. #8  
    Same problems w/ HP maps sending me to the app catalog for an update, but only a "Launch app" option available there (which sends me back to the app catalog for an update, etc, etc) for me on the Veer. In addition, I tried the Google Maps from Preware, but it couldn't find me on GPS (about 2 miles off), so that didn't seem so good. I tried downloading BFG from the App Catalog, and the phone rebooted each time I tried to access it (not good either). So now I am without maps!!! Any suggestions???
  9. #9  
    I take it all back re the Preware Google maps not finding me. When I click on the compass icon near the top, it says "moving to my location", & then it does!!! & btw, I needed to use Internalz to delete HP maps. Now everything seems stable & I spent 10 min trying to donate, but it really is too hard on the tiny Veer screen- I'll try to find another way

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  10. #10  
    Went to the WebOSNation website & donated there. THANKS for the app!

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I would highly recommend installing 72ka's GoogleMaps from Preware, if you haven't already.
    Seconded 72ka's new Google Maps app is so much better than the old official Google Map app and the later fail Bing Maps.

    I uninstalled the crappy Bing Maps months ago.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  12. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    #12  
    I also support using 72ka's Google Maps app, but in all fairness, I was just able to launch the Bing Maps app on my Pre 3 with no difficulty.
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)

Posting Permissions